Poll

which do you prefer m79 or berrat

f12
34 (47.9%)
f11
37 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Voting closed: June 27, 2006, 02:47:34 pm

Author Topic: m79 or berrat  (Read 15211 times)

Offline Aztecdragon

• Major(1)
Re: m79 or berrat
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2006, 11:53:53 am »
Barret all the way. I love to camp behind bushes and nets where people cant see me. wait for them to come by and BAME. It's so much for to see unaware victim got shot out of the blue.

Just yesterday I was hideing with the Barret and to people got in a fight and they didn't know I was behind them with the Barret and whil they where fighting I sniped em both with the same bullet. (Can we say pwnage.)

Offline ColonD

• Soldier
  • :D
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2006, 12:28:03 pm »
Barrett More :) Only because Im good with it.

My thoughts for the Barrett are:

-1337 when used well
-For more experienced users.

My personal thoughts for the M79 are:

- Good n00b weapon
- For people that move around alot
- No strategy needed
: D

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2006, 06:11:06 pm »
time up for voting but you can still tell me which one you like. :)
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline NorrisScott

• Soldier
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2006, 08:57:28 pm »
You're not playing against good auto users then. Any auto user taking on the M79 within its range is stupid. Staying afar, the auto will always have the upper hand. That goes for pretty much every mid to long range weapon -- a M79 user should be dead before it's even in range.

I also don't see how you can "spam" the M79 shot when it only shoots one every three or so seconds. If you mean just lobbing shots down on spawn or high traffic locations such as on ctf_ash, then, sure, kills can come easy in those specific situations. No different than raining granades on the enemy -- it's hardly a skilled tactic.

It's easy to dodge auto shots from long-range too, you just have to be careful while you're doing it (as generally, they're running as they spray... so if you're trying to find spots that the bullets are missing, you have to concentrate at the same time on everything in front of you). Essentially, I've gotten good in Soldat at ducking and running in, so alot of the time I CAN get in range with an auto user because they don't see me in time (I mostly play realistic).

And when I said spam, I actually meant I ONLY used the M79, not that I lobbed nades everywhere from it :P

Randomly firing M79 shots comes only in crowded maps for me, where I know I'll get some kills. You're right, there's no skill there at all. I was just saying I used to ONLY use the M79, now I use every other weapon too.

Soldat Name: Kazuo Kiriyama

Offline Jessica

• Major(1)
  • Bust a cap in your head, with my MP5!
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2006, 09:28:37 pm »
I like the Barrett more. It annoys me when somebody blasts me with that M79 when I'm like 2 inches away from them -.- . I just started today but the only gun I "really" know how to use is the Barrett, but that is mostly because I get lucky when I shoot it. Lol. ^.^

Thank you very much Nick for this userbar!! <3

Offline Beowulf RB

• Major(1)
  • LOK AND LOAD MGS3
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2006, 11:55:16 am »
ohhh
RED BERRETS 4 LIFE MGS3SO WOOT WOOT LETZ GO