Author Topic: A small modding question/suggestion...  (Read 923 times)

Offline thenonliner

• Major(1)
  • Unregistered, hence my name.
A small modding question/suggestion...
« on: September 05, 2006, 01:04:04 pm »
In some servers, there are specially modified physics that change the intensity of hitting an object, making it fly through the air. After seeing such a server, I thought of something completely different: is it possible to make a gun that can do other things instead of just firing in soldat? For example, imagine a Gravity Gun (Half Life 2) was in the game. You'd hold the left mouse button, and a medkit would slowly crawl over to you, then be attached to the gravity gun. Afterwards, you could click the left mouse button again, and it would hurl itself over to an opponent, hurting him.

Or perhaps such a gun would take the opponent's weapon away? Who knows? And is it possible to code?
And now, for something completely different:

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
Re: A small modding question/suggestion...
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 01:06:19 pm »
Sorry, you can't exactly make weapons screw with the game physics.  However, I have seen a few guns that make you fly, repulse enemies who get too close, and others.  But unfortunatley, nothing like the gravity gun.  Sorry.  Experiment with firing configurations and see what happens.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline thenonliner

• Major(1)
  • Unregistered, hence my name.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 01:47:12 pm »
Sorry, you can't exactly make weapons screw with the game physics.  However, I have seen a few guns that make you fly, repulse enemies who get too close, and others.  But unfortunatley, nothing like the gravity gun.  Sorry.  Experiment with firing configurations and see what happens.

So, where do I locate such a firing configurator?
And now, for something completely different:

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 02:49:21 pm »
In the Fan Apps List. They've got all the thrid-party Soldat-related programs you're looking for.
<3*xwd
love conquers all