Author Topic: Several questions for realistic mode  (Read 891 times)

Offline apex

• Major(1)
Several questions for realistic mode
« on: October 26, 2006, 08:03:07 pm »
1. Which weapon kickback when firing is best to worst with Aug, Ak, and FN Minimi?.

2. Of those 3 when firing in bursts which has better grouping from best to worst?.

long explanation for this question...

(some of you may think this is the same question as the first but in my experience the higher the rof the better the grouping, this is simply because when you take a single shot the gun continues to kick upward in what you could call "wasted time", a high rof gets shots off while the gun is still kicking upwards. I think soldat models it like that but Im not sure.)

3. Of those 3 which has the longest range from best to worst?.

4. When does your crosshair go inaccurate other than shooting or getting hit while using the Barret?.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 08:10:26 pm by apex »

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
Re: Several questions
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 08:11:23 pm »
1. I would say AK, AUG and Minimi (best to worst)
2. Grouping, I'd say AUG, Minimi and AK (best to worst)
3. The AUG has the longest range
4. Your crosshair goes inaccurate after a certain amount of time, this is determined by the "bink" value of the weapon. If a weapon has a negative bink, constant shooting (not in bursts) will cause the crosshair to get more inaccurate. The lower the bink value, the less time it takes for the weapon to become inaccurate (I think). A positive bink means that when the bullet from that weapon hits someone, it will cause their crosshair to become inaccurate, the higher the bink, the more inaccurate it will cause them to be.
Hope that helps, and welcome to the forums. :)

Offline Chakra

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
Re: Several questions for realistic mode
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 08:17:52 pm »
4. = what he said. Autos have 'self-bink', which means you become more innacurate (on top of recoil). The larger crosshair doesn't indicate it's actual size of spread, but merely illustrates the fact that you're suffering from 'binkage'. Other weapons, particularly the barret, just have normal bink. You get shot, you get binked. So essentially, to counter a camper, spray your auto in their general direction. More hits means more binks, regardless of the weapons power.

Recoil (kickback) is hard to say though. You can hold an AK74 pretty steady from it's recoil due to its slow rate of fire. Just keep the mouse moving down slowly as you fire. Aug suffers more, and the minimi can be terrible for accuracy if you're running at the same time. A value called 'movementacc' in the weapons.ini adjusts the accuracy of the weapon when moving, and the minimi has more of this value than other autos. Otherwise i'd say the AUG probably has the worst recoil.
MM; seriously Chakra, stop the fisting
Yes, I'm still alive.