Author Topic: INFMS Mapping Contest  (Read 1197 times)

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
INFMS Mapping Contest
« on: October 23, 2006, 07:13:49 pm »
We challenge you to make a sexxy looking fun-to-play INF map to possibly be used in Mistercharles' future Infiltration server. Post you map either in the CTF/INF section of the mapping forum with the title saying either "for Contest" or "INFMS" in the title, or post it in this topic.

Due to a unique innovation in INF balancing technology, the map may be as unbalanced as you want. Feel free to make it an uphill battle, with a stationary gun around every corner!

Be creative with the flag positions. Put both flags at the end, making it a defend for your life, or make it a bring flag into enemy base style. The server should have a variety of INF maps, that each have completely different gameplay.

Only default scenery, RiR's scenery pack, and SK's light pack may be used, as these maps are supposed to have a default feel to them, meaning that a default texture should be used. If said rule is followed, the raw .PMS can be uploaded. No zipping or anything!

The winner's map will be included in the server, or they will be invited to participate in a group of elite mappers dead set on making INF a popular gametype again.

Happy mapping,
            -Mistercharles, Eagles Arrows, Wraithlike, Mothafix, Vltava
                                                         INFMS Mapping Crew
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 05:33:10 pm by Mistercharles »
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
Re: INFMS Mapping Contest
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 01:04:22 pm »
Moved for great justice so it gets more attention.

I might contribute, but it's been ages since I started the editor.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 01:25:18 pm »
I could TRY, but...well, I'm a bit of a mapping n00b, and I'm pretty busy, but I'll give it what I've got.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 02:02:41 pm »
I would advise you to make those link to a download of them:

... , SK's lights, and RiR's sceneries may be used, ...

...so newbies like me can find them easily. Just a suggestion.

And I'll have a go with this, I haven't mapped for a loooong time.

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 05:33:30 pm »
Refer to first post for download links.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 08:31:55 pm »
May we recommend existing inf. maps of old made by other mappers? I've got a few ideas...

EDIT Upon downloading, RiR's pack seems a bit radical to count as default-style, IMHO...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 08:40:55 pm by Keron Cyst »

Offline Boxo

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 11:27:05 am »
Yeah, you should probably ask KC to hook you up with some nifty old inf maps, there's lots of great ones that don't get played. That and most new maps suck TBH so I'm not expecting much, if your only selling point is sexy new maps by big-name mappers. Yeah, I'm being a critic again, if this does get off the ground it should be fun, there aren't enough inf servers as it is and not really any that have custom maps.

That said, I have a couple of new inf maps I haven't released cause they're a little unbalanced, I'll post them here later since they'll only be good for this server with it's magical balancing system anyway (adjusting the points-per-cap on the fly?)

You've been going on about inf for ages but I haven't seen a server, or anything really, yet, when can we expect something?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 12:04:22 pm by Boxo »

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 02:20:09 pm »

Mr. Server (far left) has undergone work from time to time, all it needs now is the RAM to be installed, and a new fan. Once that's done, it'll be online, with the following specs:

Processor - 2.4Ghz
RAM - 1120MB
Download Rate - 4.9 Mbps
Upload Rate - 432 Kbps

With those rates, I figure it would be safe to run a 10 slot server.

And Boxo, most of the maps we've made so far have a default feel.

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 10:28:09 pm »
Wraparound, Crater, and Viva, and codename:SHAKIRA SHAKIRA all have a lovely default feel, the rest vary somewhat. Would you agree MC?

And Boxo, you don't understand the excessive amounts of tests our numerous maps go through to make sure that their sexxy has been thouroughly saturated and their awsome amplified astonishingly as an average advocate advances and analyses all aspects an anthropoid apprehends. Anyway,  they are all surely balanced, or something like balanced, at least enough to make for fun games.

Saying our catch is that we have new maps from big name mappers would be like saying that the winners of all the SML contests won purely because of their maps appearance.