Author Topic: Editing weapon's POA, is it possible?  (Read 1349 times)

Offline Eden

• Major(1)
Editing weapon's POA, is it possible?
« on: June 20, 2006, 01:27:06 pm »
Hello.
This is my first post and i am a little nervous to what your reactions may be too it, so try not to rip my head off, if possible.

Now i am not new to Soldat, but i am new to modding.

I know how to change the look of weapons, how weapons work (i.e. there fire rate), how to edit Gosteks, and many other things, which im sure you'll agree are quite simple.

But what i was wondering was, is it possible to edit the POA of Weapons themselves.

Let me explain why i wish to know this. The weapon i would most like to use in soldat is........Wait for it............A Sword!

Now, to do this, all i would have to do is obviously just make the sword with MS paint or PSPX (Or even Easier just elongate the knife), but how do i actually make the Weapon (The knife) Longer?

I can understand why this probably isnt possible, because of those people who Cheat.

But if it is........it would be interesting.

Please post your views.

And sorry if none of that made sense n_n.
Is that what you ordered?

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
Re: Editing weapon's POA, is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 11:42:31 pm »
I believe it is, as long as the POA is the same number of frames as the old POA you are replacing. I could be mistaken though.

Offline swebonny

• Camper
  • BUahh...
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 02:33:03 am »
I believe some one modded the knife so it did something else...like cutting.

Offline BlackOrchid

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 05:17:41 am »
Hello.
This is my first post and i am a little nervous to what your reactions may be too it, so try not to rip my head off, if possible.

Now i am not new to Soldat, but i am new to modding.

I know how to change the look of weapons, how weapons work (i.e. there fire rate), how to edit Gosteks, and many other things, which im sure you'll agree are quite simple.

But what i was wondering was, is it possible to edit the POA of Weapons themselves.

Let me explain why i wish to know this. The weapon i would most like to use in soldat is........Wait for it............A Sword!

Now, to do this, all i would have to do is obviously just make the sword with MS paint or PSPX (Or even Easier just elongate the knife), but how do i actually make the Weapon (The knife) Longer?

I can understand why this probably isnt possible, because of those people who Cheat.

But if it is........it would be interesting.

Please post your views.

And sorry if none of that made sense n_n.

iv replaced my chainsaw with a broadsword complete with sound effects. i made it a lil bit longer but it doesnt change the POA the tip of the sword has no effect, but with chainsaw im usualy running through people with it anyway, what i would like is to make an animation that swings the swords when i hold down the mouse, so it looked like a sword and not a joust.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 10:21:28 am »
The Chainsaw doesn't even have a .POA to modify at all. :P I think only the SPAS, Barret, maybe Minigun, and Knife have changeable .POAs.

@Smegma: you're totally correct. As long as it does not add to or subtract from the original amount of frames, it's totally functional online.

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 11:36:08 am »
Unless I'm mistaken, Ivan and Zero72 have created vertical slashing animations. Ivan's animation is in his Mecha Mod and his Heretic Mod. You'll need to PM Zero72 to get him to repost the sword he made.
You can extend the length of the knife, but the place of damage will remain the same. Changing the weapon speed in the .ini probably changes that, though.
<3*xwd
love conquers all