Author Topic: Port Forwarding Problem.  (Read 1353 times)

Offline stwelin

• Major(1)
Port Forwarding Problem.
« on: September 09, 2006, 10:19:07 pm »
I am trying to run a dedicated server and using non-default maps, here is a scenario to describe the problem.

I have 2 computers, CompA and CompB, let's say.
Ports 23073 TPC & UDP and 23083 TCP have been forwared.
CompA is running a dedicated server with a custom map.
CompB sends request for server list.
CompA's game show up on CompB's list, but when you attempt to join, the port is set to something such as 61xxx.
On CompB, i specified to join CompA's game on port 23073 (by typing it in the 'port' field.), and the map download worked, but if i just clicked the game and pressed 'join' the map could not be downloaded (as the port get's changed back to 61xxx, or whatever port the dedicated server chooses to use).

My question is this: How can i specify port 23073 to be the default port for users to connect through, Instead of the server just using a random one?

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
Re: Port Forwarding Problem.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 10:23:25 pm »
In soldat.ini change JoinPort=

But, the random port part isnt a problem with Soldat, its your modem's NAT.
You need to disable NAT in order to stop it scrambling the port.

make sure you test your server here.

Offline stwelin

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 10:54:55 pm »
The ping test failed on 23073, however, the map was still able to be downloaded when i specified to use port 23073 on the joining computer.

EDIT: NAT has nothing to do with the port scrambling, actually. It's the soldat client.  Are there any actual success stories of people who have gotten a dedicated server to work 100% behind a router?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 11:09:58 pm by stwelin »

Offline Frenchie

• Camper
  • SoldatHQ
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 05:14:29 am »
The ping test failed on 23073, however, the map was still able to be downloaded when i specified to use port 23073 on the joining computer.

EDIT: NAT has nothing to do with the port scrambling, actually. It's the soldat client.  Are there any actual success stories of people who have gotten a dedicated server to work 100% behind a router?

Yeah, success story -
Today I was finally able to get a router I hate (speedtouch 530) to forward the ports properly, I had to try a couple of times (turning on/off) as for no reason  it wouldn't let me to enter all ports (sometimes UDP didn't work) properly at same time.

The most possible reason for your problem, you have forwarded 23083 TCP properly, but haven't done it on 23073 UDP (happened to me, lots of times)
Try following http://wiki.soldat.nl/Port_Forwarding, if dont work try reseting Router and doing the same thing you did before
Soldat Lobby Avec Players -New Release! - Updated AGAIN!

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 05:38:41 am »
Wrong buddy, my previous modem had this exact port scrambling problem, I disabled NAT, kablamo everything was fine. Test shit before you try and prove me wrong.