Author Topic: splash damage  (Read 967 times)

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
splash damage
« on: September 10, 2006, 02:26:32 pm »
My idea is to have the splash damage of explodey things stopped by polygons

for those who don't know, splash damage is the damage that happens around an explosion.

polygons stop bullets, and the explosive itself, but not the splash damage of an explosion.

get a friend, and have them stand at the high route at bravo's side where there is a little zig zag, shoot an m79 shell directly at them, they will take damage because the splash damage goes right through the polygon.

it can be very annoying to be pinned/killed by some people with grinades or m79 or law, and be totally helpless
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Fluffy

• Camper
Re: splash damage
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 03:15:03 pm »
I remember somebody suggested this in the old forums, and Marcinkowski himself said that he's gonna implement it. I guess he got too busy making Hold the Flag.

Anyways, I'm still for it.

Long live Nazi-Communism!

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 04:39:27 pm »
im against it...its fun when there is a group of people stuck in a room and you stragetically have a law pointed at them.

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 07:30:49 pm »
This is a good idea, i hate being on the stat gun in INF_Outpost and then somebody throws a nade under the platform of polygons and the explosion goes through them and blows me away