Author Topic: My First Moment  (Read 1689 times)

Offline 001 Amped

• Major
    • New Zealand Soldat Forum
My First Moment
« on: September 11, 2006, 01:42:15 am »
I was on the infiltration server for xtra and i was running after the EFC and i threw a grenade on his body guard and blew him to bits, then it was just me and the flagger, i jumped onto the stat gun place on INF_Outpost and then i jumped and did that super man thing into him with my chainsaw and killed him, and to put the cream on the pie it did that slow motion thing and the flag fell into my hands in slow motion, classic...

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
Re: My First Moment
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 01:57:05 am »
I figured out that people play without thinking in these moments , just pure instincts

Offline TheKhakinator

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 02:08:29 am »
@Will: So true, so true. I once was playing against bots, and phased out, and I was playing non-consciously. Either that or I was staring at the screen for an hour doing nothing, but I'm pretty sure I was playing.

Offline 001 Amped

• Major
    • New Zealand Soldat Forum
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 02:21:41 am »
You normally get that when your tired, dont play for so long man XD

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 01:57:33 am »
I figured out that people play without thinking in these moments , just pure instincts

I know exactly what you're talking about.  Sometimes I get started, and it's hard to focus, aim, etc.  It will take me the entire clip to kill a single enemy with the ruger.  Other times, I'll be "in the zone", where I can frequently kill two enemies before I reload, where I grenade two people and finish them off with a single shot, where a shot touches me and I drop the person who fired it, where I'll grab the flag and manage to escape the fire of the entire team, finally scoring with no health left.

I'm not doing this on purpose; I see something and unconsciously react to it.  It's stimulus-response.  Soldat reduces me to the intellectual level of a single-celled organism, but I guess I can't complain, since it puts me in ownage mode. =)
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 09:29:08 am »
Soo...are you saying that Soldat can reduce a person's rational thinking level to that of a single-cell organism? :P
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 11:18:54 am »
Soo...are you saying that Soldat can reduce a person's rational thinking level to that of a single-cell organism? :P

I believe that's exactly what I said:
Soldat reduces me to the intellectual level of a single-celled organism

Maybe that's a mild exaggeration, but if you're not consciously reacting, what else can you call it?
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline homey188

• Soldier
    • A good roleplay site
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 02:40:32 pm »
Somepeople might acheive a lower level of conciousness, while others seemingly become precient. While yet others (including me), just dumb-down a bit, while paying more attention to movement on the screen.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 03:46:09 pm »
Me, I just don't blink.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.