Author Topic: Ditch karma.  (Read 12864 times)

Offline Dark Jesus

• Soldier
Re: Ditch karma.
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2006, 10:19:23 pm »
I can tell.
I think that Karma should be removed and if you want to smite someone, send them a PM expressing your thoughts in a non=vulgar way.

Seancapsyourass

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2006, 10:49:39 pm »
OMG GUYS I WILL TOTALLY KILL MYSELF AND POST IT ON MYSPACE (AFTER I SUCCESSFULLY KILL MYSELF) IF I GET SMITED. THIS FORUM IS SUPER SERIAL AND DEMANDS THAT I WRITE IN ALL CAPS AND YES I AM YELLING AT YOU ALL THROUGH MY KEYBOARD BECAUSE SMITING IS TOTALLY LAME AND HURTS PEOPLES E-FEELINGS.  I MEAN IF I'M NOT ACCEPTED IRL AND(BOLDED BECAUSE I CAN'T DO DOUBLE CAPS WHICH IS ANOTHER THING THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED BECAUSE SOMETIMES I SCREAM THROUGH MY KEYBOARD AND I DON'T FEEL THAT JUST USING CAPS EPHASISES THAT ENOUGH) ON THE INTERWEB I HAVE NOTHING LEFT TO LIVE FOR.  SCREW IT JUST GET RID OF EVERYTHING THAT MAKES ME FEEL BAD SO I CAN BE HAPPY AND WON'T HAVE TO CUT MYSELF ANYMORE.

------I hope some of you get the point of me posting that

Offline Dark Jesus

• Soldier
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2006, 11:15:56 pm »
I think that we should remove karma, and if people think that someone is doing something wrong, you can PM them.
OMG GUYS I WILL TOTALLY KILL MYSELF AND POST IT ON MYSPACE (AFTER I SUCCESSFULLY KILL MYSELF) IF I GET SMITED. THIS FORUM IS SUPER SERIAL AND DEMANDS THAT I WRITE IN ALL CAPS AND YES I AM YELLING AT YOU ALL THROUGH MY KEYBOARD BECAUSE SMITING IS TOTALLY LAME AND HURTS PEOPLES E-FEELINGS.  I MEAN IF I'M NOT ACCEPTED IRL AND(BOLDED BECAUSE I CAN'T DO DOUBLE CAPS WHICH IS ANOTHER THING THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED BECAUSE SOMETIMES I SCREAM THROUGH MY KEYBOARD AND I DON'T FEEL THAT JUST USING CAPS EPHASISES THAT ENOUGH) ON THE INTERWEB I HAVE NOTHING LEFT TO LIVE FOR.  SCREW IT JUST GET RID OF EVERYTHING THAT MAKES ME FEEL BAD SO I CAN BE HAPPY AND WON'T HAVE TO CUT MYSELF ANYMORE.

You should calm down, you're going to kill yourslef becausee somone on the other side of the planet and youu're probably never going to see/meet smited you on an online multiplayer game forum and you have +2 karma whereas people like Dascoo has -62 karma?!

You should rethink that.
It looks like a spam bubble.  ::) :P :-\
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 11:19:01 pm by Dark Jesus »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2006, 11:19:20 pm »
maybe, in the profile we should be able to choose whether or not karma is turned on for our selves.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Dark Jesus

• Soldier
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2006, 11:24:48 pm »
maybe, in the profile we should be able to choose whether or not karma is turned on for our selves.

I like that idea A LOT.
Maybe a poll is in order?

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2006, 11:27:48 pm »
I abuse make less than perfect use of the system, because it has no real value. I don't see why people are so anal about how much faceless (presumeably moronic) people on the interweb care about them. Seriously, I think you'll survive if some one named "Seancapsyourass" (random example) dislikes you enough to click a pretty link that says smite.

Offline Dark Jesus

• Soldier
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006, 12:35:22 am »
ur sig brakes da rules mancerboi

Thank you for posting something that could've easily been pmed to him.
Should I make a poll about this karma ditching thing?

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006, 03:31:02 pm »
Maybe we can see what posts we got smited or applauded on in our profile? (I mean, we'd be able to only see our own karma)

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline karmazon

• Major
  • Impossible is a dare.
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2006, 03:56:09 pm »
I don't even know how to access karma haha.
Plan B is don't fail. - Smegma
I hate emotions.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2006, 03:57:18 pm »
You need 25 posts to use karma.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Offline karmazon

• Major
  • Impossible is a dare.
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2006, 03:58:09 pm »

Bwahahah well that will never happen, cause I always post in lounge
Plan B is don't fail. - Smegma
I hate emotions.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2006, 04:29:22 pm »

Bwahahah well that will never happen, cause I always post in lounge
But you only need one more. :O

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2006, 04:30:11 pm »
The suspense isn't killing me. -_-
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Commander Kitsune

• Soldier
  • Kits
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2006, 04:31:45 pm »
I like Karma, I just think the system needs to be a little refined. How? No clue.

Seancapsyourass

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2006, 05:57:23 pm »
I think that we should remove karma, and if people think that someone is doing something wrong, you can PM them.

You should calm down, you're going to kill yourslef becausee somone on the other side of the planet and youu're probably never going to see/meet smited you on an online multiplayer game forum and you have +2 karma whereas people like Dascoo has -62 karma?!

You should rethink that.
Gah no one gets sarcasm anymore

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2006, 06:18:31 pm »
karma itself isnt a bad thing, but people do not come even close to the amount of aplauds as they do smites, it seems like every semi active person to see your post smites you for it once and a while, mine fluctuates greatly, I had posted nothing the weekend the forum was karmatized and i still had -4, i got it up to zero and now its down to like -10.

I think it should be you are alowed to use karma after two months of posting, and get suspended from karma as a punishment for being banned or something, so people dont deside to smite every third person in anger.

I thought sean was really funny, spam yes, funny very yes.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2006, 06:18:47 pm »
Seancapsyourass, that was obnoxious and annoying as hell.  Don't do it again.

Jettlarue, the forum rules specify no image macros.  Next time is a ban for a week.

Mancer, fix your signature, its f'n huge.

People applaud me because they think I contribute... I like to think I do.  If I was an asshole and a nazi admin, then I'd obviously have negative karma despite being admin. 

Lastly, I'm moving this to forum news and support, where it should have been posted anyway.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2006, 06:43:01 pm »
Quote from: FliesLikeABrick
If I was an asshole and a nazi admin, then I'd obviously have negative karma despite being admin. 
Being deadly honest, I actually disagree with that.... :P

Offline Lunerfox

• Major
  • Lol in the Box.
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2006, 06:52:45 pm »
I personally don't even touch the button myself...
-[ILOA]-
---
Project Survival: An independent game development project.
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=23390.0

Offline Dark Jesus

• Soldier
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2006, 08:15:00 pm »

You should rethink that.
Gah no one gets sarcasm anymore

Next time make it clear, and don't write in caps because it looks like spam. I like to put a little "*Sarcasm*" behind something when I say soemthing sarcastic.
;D