Author Topic: Why are my bots....  (Read 1787 times)

Offline BlackBird61

• Major(1)
  • ''The Only Good Bug, Is A Dead Bug''
Why are my bots....
« on: August 24, 2006, 07:01:50 pm »
So stupid? i do some really easy waypointing on a small map,all i want them to do is go down,and back,but when they get to the down part they keep going in circles. What am i doing wrong? me confused :/

Oh and another question,how can i make them continuosly (spelling) keep going back and forth across map?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 07:08:50 pm by BlackBird61 »
Xfire- CrazyNachos

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
Re: Why are my bots....
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 09:38:56 am »
I'm no waypointing genius, but I'm pretty sure that you have to order the waypoints somehow.  Just keep experimenting.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 11:02:39 am »
Did you read the MapMaker manual's waypointing section? I can't understand what the problem really is. Can I get a screenshot?

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 12:20:51 pm »
^Keron means a screenshot in the mapmaker by the way, not ingame.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 04:02:20 pm »
Heheh, whoa I didn't think that could be interpreted otherwise. You're correct :P

Offline -WildBill-

• Camper
  • Extra-Medium
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 05:08:23 pm »
oh so it's the bot thats stupid, not you... right? lol, actually bots are fairly simple beings, however, are nothing more than a basic few lines of code running tests and checks over and over again. thats it. in a nutshell, they only do what the program tells/allows them to do. in this case, the bots arent moving the way you want, so what makes them move in the first place? waypoints! ;D (not the bots/bot-program-codes themselves.) therefore, it might have something to do with how you connected the waypoints. if Im not mistaken (and keron, plz correct me here if Im wrong), but when you connect the waypoints, youre connecting them in the order you want the bot to go.

for example, lets say you have a bot who wants to go from point A to point B, then to point C:

{Bot} [A] --> --> --> --> --> --> --> --> --> --> --> --> --> --> [C] {FLAG}

You shouldnt select C first, then connect that to B, and finish by connecting B to A. do it by selecting A first, then connecting it to B, and then to C. otherwise it'll screw up, maybe like what you have right now, lol.

also, when you say "I want them to go down" do you mean crouch, or like fall down, or go down some stairs, or what?

G'luck buddy! glad to see more waypointers out there!
lol siggeh deleted for the 7th time! that's like a new record or something, ain't it?

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 09:17:57 pm »
Perfect. B is Run Right, C is Run Right, A is nothing.

If you meant you want them to go prone, no waypoint will do that (I know man, it sucks :-\ All the possibilities!...). Bots prone 1, maybe 2% of all combat they enter. It's cool watching them do a Superman every 1/100 matches :P