Author Topic: very weird bugs  (Read 3926 times)

Offline Julian Stokroos

• Major(1)
very weird bugs
« on: June 09, 2006, 08:23:35 am »
I was playing CTF few minutes ago and i died a couple of times but than i respawned where i died ....

And i had another bug well i think it's a bug but i was in a server with 12 people and there kept caming a vote with kick <someone's name here>
player: server
reason : server : possible cheating
and no one was cheating cause even happend with me lol i don't know if this is a bug but the other is definetly a bug.

Offline pero

• Major
  • [SaD] #fragbait
Re: very weird bugs
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 08:46:58 am »
Well theres nothing you can do to fix these bugs, and the possible cheating is just a bug too.
So well you have to play with those damn bugs ^^

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 08:52:49 am »
yes pero there's nothing he can do, but half of the point of this forum is to report bugs and give as much information as possible.

If anyone can re-create these bugs or give more information about past experience with them, please do.

Julian, if this happens again can you please try and find out what version of the server it was on?

Offline Yukwunhang

• Major
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 08:56:00 am »
Julian, if this happens again can you please try and find out what version of the server it was on?
By using /info.

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 10:02:48 am »
The respawning bug is caused by getting the 'Connection Problem' thing while waiting to be respawned, it doesent happen everytime but sometimes you will respawn where you died
http://yossi.jrgp.org/?action=maps&sa=user_maps&u=10
Image (and link) is broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 01:29:02 pm »
The respawn bug can be a blessing or a curse, depending on if its happening to you or an enemy. :P As Bgretydews said, it seems to be linked with connection problems while you're about to respawn. I notice right before I get the bug, my lag meter usually gets pretty big.

There's also another very weird bug, which allows you to control somebody else's soldat or be controlled by them. Whatever action you take, they'll take, or vice versa, depending on which one of you is in control. I have demos somewhere, but most of you probably know what I'm talking about. Very weird, but amusing. :)

Offline Blues

• Camper
  • Hum?
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 03:14:48 pm »
Also, sometimes in survival mode (very rare though) people come in the server perfectly respawned.
18:15

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 02:52:29 am »
Yeah i get that to Xurich, it looks like you can move them but really you can't do anything excet get killed then respawn on them.
http://yossi.jrgp.org/?action=maps&sa=user_maps&u=10
Image (and link) is broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 04:47:36 pm »
Theres is also well i think its a bug that spawns you of the arena.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline Julian Stokroos

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 12:05:55 pm »
hmm never had that before but if it does than it is a bug cause why respawn outside the arena :/ than you can't kill :D

Offline Thomas

• Major
    • mnus.de
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 03:08:15 pm »
There's also another very weird bug, which allows you to control somebody else's soldat or be controlled by them. Whatever action you take, they'll take, or vice versa, depending on which one of you is in control. I have demos somewhere, but most of you probably know what I'm talking about. Very weird, but amusing. :)
I have a Demo of this bug, if you need it

edit: attached
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 03:14:09 pm by Thomas »