Author Topic: No Text In Menus  (Read 3032 times)

Offline ADD

• Major(1)
No Text In Menus
« on: June 12, 2006, 11:04:07 pm »
I need some help. I've been playing 1.3 for quite a while, and I just recently downloaded 1.3.1. I need some help with something, though.

For some reason, (and it might be something small I missed) whenever I load the game, all text from any box that can be clicked is missing. The "Start" buttons, the in game menu buttons, the servers, anything that can be clicked on has no text, and just the button. Is there any way to fix this? I've tried re-installing, but I'll try it again if all else fails.

Please help! Thanks.

Edit: Another edit. I guess one of the fonts just isn't there, but the other is. Anything under that font shows up as blank because the font file is blank. Still confused.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 11:46:45 pm by ADD »

Offline Spyder

• Soldier
  • Member Since 19 Oct 2002
Re: No Text In Menus
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 11:46:55 pm »
Download the attachment below and extract it to your Soldat directory.

Offline Wormdundee

• Soldier
  • Ruger what?
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 11:57:37 pm »
Yeh, your main soldat folder should have:

bgothl.ttf and lucon.ttf

If they aren't there, that's a problem and you can probably find them using google.

Offline ADD

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 12:05:53 am »
It was in there, but the text wasn't. I tried downloading it online, and when I looked at the new Bankgothic text file, (the one that's missing) it was also empty. This makes me think it's a problem with my computer, but I'm not sure. Is there any way to change which font to use instead?

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 07:04:10 am »
Have you tried restarting?

Did you *install* the fonts into Windows? - Copy the font files into the X:\Windows\Fonts directory, or use the Font control panel applet to install the fonts. If you use Windows XP, your directory will be X:\Winnt\Fonts. X is the letter assigned to your hard drive, usually C.

Steam ¤ Skype ¤ Soldat Wiki ¤ Need Help?
"Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do,
it bears your signature." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Offline ADD

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 01:40:49 pm »
Oh, awesome. That worked great. Thanks.  :D