Author Topic: Bad things happen in three's  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
Bad things happen in three's
« on: September 14, 2006, 09:01:17 pm »
My cousin recently wrote a paper for school titled "Bad things happen in three's".
I am convinced now, that this is entirely true. Not the petty small things like "I tripped and scratched my arm." I'm not whining and being an emo, but I'm just curious as to your experience and if you believe that this is somewhat true also.

So 3 month's ago my aunt died. We were visiting her one night and she said she would be right back, she needed to go get my uncle. Well, she drove over to his house to pick him up and apparently while she was getting out of her car was having bad pains. We took her to the emergency room after a neighbor said they had seen her laying on a curb. Two weeks after that incident she dies of pancriatitis ( I think that's how you spell it).

Within weeks of that, my grandma who is 83 is getting weaker in her old age, goes outside one day do look for a spot near her dog's fence to see where the dog had been diging it's way out and escaping at. Now, my grandma lived alone and therefore couldnt get help immidiately. So she's walking along outside and stepped in a hole, twisted her ankle and fell. Once again a neighbor that checks on her tried calling her, no awnser. Eventually (we to this day don't know how long it was) she grew worried and came over to check on her. She helped my grandma up and got her to the emergency room. They kept her overnight to do tests and such because she had had a blood clot in the leg the ankle was twisted on to begin with. Well, after that night they wanted to keep her longer. After a couple weeks of the ankle swelling and going down, swelling and going down, her immune system had all it could take. She became horridly sick and eventually lay upon her death bed. After a couple days on her dying bed she says and I quote to my dad. "I'm tired Tommy, I just want to go home...". That night she died in her sleep.

Now we're down to my uncle. He isn't gone yet, but the doctor gave him ten days to live, and that was 5 days ago. He has been getting worse and worse since my grandma died. The doctors say he has three tumors on his brain. My uncle didn't inform anyone in our family of this at all. He still to this day hasn't given us a reason why he has kept his illness from us, but we have been noticing signs of regression in his health. He only got really bad two weeks ago.
Currently he is coming home to die with family. The doctors cannot do a thing for him.

This has all been very hard on me actually. I don't want to sound emo but I wait until I'm alone or in bed to cry when I need to. I don't know if that makes me weak or not. It's hard enough to look and speak to my uncle, knowing he is dying. I'm not sure that I can attend his funeral, even though I know closure is important. I just don't think I could bear it. This has all happened so fast that it actually has me in a depressive state.

So I'm curious, does anyone agree that bad things happen in three's?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 09:23:59 pm by Sethamundo »
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
Re: Bad things happen in three's
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 09:04:04 pm »
maybe..i dont know, my mom died than my grandpa died, then my father turned into an asshole so maybe thats three too...but its more or less how you look at things and it is all opinions.

Offline A

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 09:38:17 pm »
My condolences for your losses.

Just wondering though, what became of the dog that was digging the hole? Did he/she get out, and if so, were you able to find him/her?

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 09:43:42 pm »
The neighbor that found my grandma found the dog in the backyard. She had her husband take the dog back to their house and now it belongs to them.
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline karmazon

• Major
  • Impossible is a dare.
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 11:13:37 pm »
They happen in three's if you look at them that way. Ok 3 bad thing happened to you. But how many bad things happened to you before that ? And how many bad things are still going to happen ?

It depends how you look at it. Bad things happen in 1's. In 2's. In 3's. If you look at all your life, in hundreds and thousands. It's not a good question, and I know you made this thread just to let your negative emotions out and get some support.

So Sethamundo remember what I always say in times like this: tought times don't last, tough people do.
Plan B is don't fail. - Smegma
I hate emotions.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 11:22:32 pm »
Sucks man, I lost both my grandpa's and I was really close to them. I have to watch my beloved grandma live out her life without her husband of 50 years.  Always look on the bright side though.  Know you will see them again one day.  If you want my advice, don't look at the corpse at funerals... wait out in lobby's or in the back of the building.  Little more advise, be strong man, letting bad stuff really get to you is the worst thing you could ever do. 
@ii

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • "forum's-rebellious-cool-guy"
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 01:04:46 am »
Be strong, soldier!

I'm going to investigate this... can you post your cousin's paper?

Offline stick-assasin

• Major
  • penguin bub
    • STICKWAR
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 01:59:11 am »
I don't want to sound emo but I wait until I'm alone or in bed to cry when I need to.
lol this isnt emo if it was emo it woud be :" i wait until im alone to stab myself and cut my wrist "
now back on topic sry to hear three members of your family died i cant help u much bcoz i aint superstcious but it sure is weird that evrything hapened with a three

if u want action and if u like battling side by side with a penguin then go to http://stickwar.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Offline Milkman Dan

• Major(1)
  • Jesus </3 you
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 02:49:32 am »
:O sorry for all your losses

I haven't experienced bad things happening in 3's like that but I know that if bad stuff happens to me in the morning more stuff usually carries on throughout the day. It'd probably happen anyway but I take extra note of things or deal with it differently so I think it all just happens on the same day for some reason...

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 05:38:25 am »
Yeah, I'm not saying I cry all the time about it, but I did the first couple days.
I'm actually not that worried about it really to tell the truth. I've accepted it and moved on. There's no point in grieving about what you can't stop, and about something that will inevitably happen to you one day. Heh, good advice karmazon.
And Captain Ben, I'll try to get her paper. She merely told me what is was about and that was about a week ago. So chances are slim because she's turned it in, but I'll do my best.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 05:46:40 am »
I never cry if someone dies. They don't want me to grieve so I don't. They just want to be remeberd, so if I die, I want to have a party.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 05:48:07 am »
Good things happen in three's as well, just pay more attention.

(is there supposed to be an apostrophe after three like that? that always troubled me)

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 09:27:54 am »
If bad things happen in three than they also happen in 4,5,6's and any numerals. Unless you mean, for every 3 bads things you gain x amount of good things, which is just nonsense.

There are no symbols in life and no greater meaning. Shit happens when it happens and thats all, go along for the ride.

Offline RabidTreeFrog

• Camper
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 02:21:02 pm »
Hey, Seth, i'm so sorry for what happened.
Shizzle happens dude, can't let it get you down. They really don't want you to grieve, they want you to keep all the good memories.

To prevent all the greiving when i die, I will have "Another one Bites the Dust" played during my wake, and either "Ring of fire" or "Light my Fire" as I am being cremated. :)

And, you never know about your Uncle. Keep hope alive for him.
not around

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2006, 03:27:58 pm »
Yeah, I'm pretty much over it now anyways.
But the point of this topic was not to give me pitty, it was to discuss the matter of bad things happening in three's. I know that there's far more than three bad things going to happen, I just meant as a cluster.

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 03:38:57 pm »
Yeah, I'm pretty much over it now anyways.
But the point of this topic was not to give me pitty, it was to discuss the matter of bad things happening in three's. I know that there's far more than three bad things going to happen, I just meant as a cluster.

Or is it possible that when something bad happens you tend to notice more bad things as well. Not saying that was the effect of your story, but the mind is powerful. Bad things happen because they do, there is no formula or series we will ever begin to grasp about such things.