Author Topic: "runner"  (Read 4131 times)

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
Re: "runner"
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2006, 04:19:18 pm »
The only time when "running" is truly lame is when they kill everyone and then cap, getting 2 wins in one round.
Imo it's not lame, it's just some kind of stategy ;]

Offline Meep.

• Camper
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2006, 04:21:09 pm »
I don't mind the double cap; as long as it isn't in a scrim/cw, of course.

Offline Gortaak

• Camper
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2006, 10:03:03 pm »
At first I thought that being able to cap after the enemy team is dead and the round is over was a bug. I suppose it could be intentional but it doesn't really make sense. The only reason I can think of for it would be: If players can get an extra point by capping the flag, there would be more incentive to go for the flag instead of treating every round like a deathmatch.

In R/S if you cap the flag after the other team is dead, you get 2 points that round instead of one, that is the incentive for killing the entire other team before you cap. :)  and thats why alot of people think that running is for homos, its also general R/S Etiqute not to cap, but to rather take out the entire team.
Same with normal mode, its good etiqute not to barrett camp in games. R/S is a competley different pace, and a different community ( so to speak) so it has its own seperate set of etiqute rules. And they havent changed since i played R/S about a year ago.
Image removed, please read the forum rules. <--- wee i dont care
 -Grishnak -Insurgent -Atrophy

.:*DETH*:.

Offline Aquarius

• Soldier
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2006, 10:28:02 pm »
I never heard about a "general R/S Etiqute". But yes, a few months ago there were some trendwohre "homos" who were promoting their "don't run" idea on R/S CTF servers. But it seems like now the best R/S servers allow everything except spying. And it's good. Play teammatch if you don't like caps.

And double caps are OK too. If a flag carrier is camping like a moron near enemy flag place, it's his fault. If someone is smart enough to wait with capping until all enemies are killed, good for him.

For me R/S is about tactics and caps and double caps are part of this.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 10:33:48 pm by Aquarius »

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2006, 03:00:59 am »
its also general R/S Etiqute not to cap, but to rather take out the entire team.

Well I normally play Regular mode, so I guess the R/S community aren't used to us Regular players with our crazy "capture the flag" rules.. :P

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Chakra

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2006, 05:46:52 am »
And double caps are OK too. If a flag carrier is camping like a moron near enemy flag place, it's his fault. If someone is smart enough to wait with capping until all enemies are killed, good for him.

For me R/S is about tactics and caps and double caps are part of this.

..i've come to accept this too. Namely because I can't be arsed kicking people from Leo's r/s servers for it.

I have 'runner' in my arsse script too as it goes, though it needs more variances and only says "if you can't defend your flag, don't play ctf" or something much like that...  It comes up often enough to get the point across though. Bloody r/s whiners.
MM; seriously Chakra, stop the fisting
Yes, I'm still alive.

Offline Snowden

• Major
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2006, 05:21:56 pm »
At first I thought that being able to cap after the enemy team is dead and the round is over was a bug. I suppose it could be intentional but it doesn't really make sense. The only reason I can think of for it would be: If players can get an extra point by capping the flag, there would be more incentive to go for the flag instead of treating every round like a deathmatch.

In R/S if you cap the flag after the other team is dead, you get 2 points that round instead of one, that is the incentive for killing the entire other team before you cap. :)

You apparently didn't read the rest of my post.

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2006, 09:54:00 am »
anti-runnersayer script on my server now :D
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline Nylo

• Major(1)
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2006, 07:36:59 pm »

It's not ucommon to get banned in R/S for capping while people are still alive.  It's really a pain. 

I just sit by the flag.  If someone's coming I'll cap.  If we get it back, 2 pts!

Either way you win. 
"I do not kill with my gun.  He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his Father.
...I aim with my mind. 
...I kill with my heart." 

--Stephen King
                                                          The Dark Tower III

Offline Liber Lupus

• Soldier
  • shoulddrinkmore
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2006, 11:24:27 am »
anti-runnersayer script on my server now :D
Same here, thinking of even making /kick to /ban.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2006, 04:14:57 pm »
i think that its kinda stupid to complain about it. If you are skilled enough to get double points, then you deserve them IMHO
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.