Author Topic: new gamemode: The Hunter  (Read 2628 times)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
new gamemode: The Hunter
« on: September 13, 2006, 05:13:22 pm »
New Gamemode:  The Hunter
Intro:
Sup guys, haven't been to the forums in forever.  That also means I haven't read many new ideas in the past few months and thus don't know if this idea has been suggested already.

Main:
:D = Hunter
:-\ = Hunted
This idea combines realistic mode with regular mode.  One guy would be the :D and all the :-\ else will be working together as a team to kill the :D.  The :D has copmletely normal vision and can see everything on the map while the :-\ only see what's in their line-of-sight.  The :-\ only gets points for killing the :D.  The :D likewise gets one point for killing the :-\.  Upon killing the  :D, the killer himself immediately becomes the  :D and the ex-:D will then spawn as a :-\.  The new :D must now try to kill the :-\.  Further, the :-\ lose health very easily just like in realistic mode and have fall-damage and recoil.  :-\ cannot kill other :-\ unless set so by the admin (I highly don't suggest it).

How this gamemode is unique:
While some of you may argue that it's similar to rambo, it's a much different gameplay.  You don't have to fight for a bow on the field and the gamestyle is much more strategic as the :D can easily strategize how he's going to kill the :-\.  The main difference however is that the :D looks like any other person in the game and thus can only be identified when he kills somebody.

note:
Fall-damage is arguable for TKing is possible with M79 and grenade slam-downs.
The winner of the previous round will stay the :D when starting the next round.  If the server is empty, any new comer will become the :D.
Anything else I missed?
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Hootie hoo

• Camper
  • "Noone" isn't a word.
Re: new gamemode: The Hunter
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 05:40:12 pm »
No, too complicated and it doesn't seem worth the effort.
Image removed please read the forum rules.

Offline Commander Kitsune

• Soldier
  • Kits
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 05:43:30 pm »
I kinda like it, except you kinda reversed the concept. the hunted should try to survive a certain time period...say 5-10 minutes? And the hunter should kill them instead of the hunted killing the hunter.

Offline Dark Jesus

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 05:59:35 pm »
I think it sounds ok, but you should try to put some more thught into it and think of better ways to make it a good gamemode.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 08:50:32 pm »
It's like Gladiator mode on some FPS.  Could actually be kinda fun.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Death MachineX350

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 09:34:18 pm »
It sounds pretty good but It should be time limit and only the hunter can kill.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 10:10:04 pm »
Could actually be kinda fun.
It will be.

It sounds pretty good but It should be time limit and only the hunter can kill.
There'll always be a time limit.  I said only :D can kill unless admin turns TK on.  Hunted can also kill hunter to become the hunter (killing concept of rambo mode).

Now that I think about it, I think I might have messed up what should be the Hunter and the Hunted...  whatever you get the idea!

Offline Chameleon

• Major
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 10:40:26 pm »
sounds kinda like rambo mode....

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 11:19:04 pm »
Regardless of what you insisted, it still appears as Rambo Mode, just, as you mentioned, without a Bow to fight for between no-Rambos, with a lot of Realistic-type detriments to the hunted, and that you have no Bow to tell apart. It's otherwise the exact same.

It'd be a lot different, now, if there was some way to have two Hunters in a match... ;)

Offline Lunerfox

• Major
  • Lol in the Box.
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 12:28:00 am »
I think it'd be nice if the hunted has a knife that, if used correctly, will deal deadly damage to the hunters. Upon killing a hunter, the hunted will be able to wield the gun of the hunter, and thus be able to better defend himself. The game ends when all three hunters die before a respawn wave (Which would become easier for the hunted to achieve when a majority of them have weaopns.)
-[ILOA]-
---
Project Survival: An independent game development project.
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=23390.0

Offline 001 Amped

• Major
    • New Zealand Soldat Forum
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 12:43:26 am »
Sounds rather fun

Offline Kurrus

• Major(1)
  • I'm a monkey Mr. Anderson
    • ElectroniKa
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 09:55:25 am »
Could be fun, but it kinda reminds me of Teammatch (various vs. one).

Hmm, lets say, its a lot like Rambo and TeamM merged...

BTW, it has been suggested before, but in the old forums  :)
Lame signature!

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 12:15:16 pm »
rambo mode + realistic on
it's somewhat the same.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 01:25:29 pm »
The point is a Gladiator mode, like in Halo.  Hunter mode=Rambo mode-Rambo bow
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline stick-assasin

• Major
  • penguin bub
    • STICKWAR
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 02:04:34 pm »
yeah dat aint a bad idea exept instead of the hunted trying to kill the hunter he woud be givven a few lives and woud have to survive like 5-10 minutes it woud be more intrestiing now go pm this to micheal

if u want action and if u like battling side by side with a penguin then go to http://stickwar.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 07:13:53 pm »
A little complicated but should be fun.

Offline Blizzo

• Major(1)
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2006, 07:33:35 pm »
How about the hunter gets all the guns and the hunted get a USSOCOM. The hunter can see normal but the hunted see like realistic. Maps are mad with heaps of passageways and the Hunter starts at the bottom. The hunted start at various points around the middle. The hunted people become hunters when killed, but they spawn at the bottom. Be like Xtreme Hide N Seek.

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2006, 01:15:36 am »
How about the hunter gets all the guns and the hunted get a USSOCOM. The hunter can see normal but the hunted see like realistic. Maps are mad with heaps of passageways and the Hunter starts at the bottom. The hunted start at various points around the middle. The hunted people become hunters when killed, but they spawn at the bottom. Be like Xtreme Hide N Seek.

Sounds a little weird. i don't think many people would like it. we forumers may, but many new soldaters won't. this'll proberlay go down like HTF.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 01:17:53 am by Cato269 »

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2006, 01:03:48 pm »
this is way different than any previous gamemode in that it has one guy (namely the :D) who has full vision and many little ::) who's goal is to become the :D to gain points.  It is very unique and the game's rules work perfectly fine as opposed any other suggested idea in these forums.  It would be fun to play also because a the :D can approach his goal of killing through a way different strategy than ever before able in soldat due to the differing seeing abilities of the :D and the ::).  Maps also don't have to be specific to this gamemode as a regular deathmatch map will do just fine, though smaller maps with more corridor-like properties is suggested as opposed to wide open fields.  And because the :D cannot regenerate health automatically (unlike in rambo) people won't be as tempted to use one-hit kill weapons such as the barret, M79, LAW, and knife (and chainsaw).  A group of ::) can easily take out a :D if teamwork (or groupwork) is used.

Offline DanTheHunter

• Major(1)
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2006, 04:43:11 pm »
it would be great training of communictaion for guilds in big maps and great training of skill in small maps, i think its a great idea

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2006, 04:59:59 pm »
Wow, it's not complicated at all... Can you people read?

Also, I really like this idea as its a difference from the other game modes out there(rambo mode sounds different in it's key elements). Perhaps have the area's he can't see blacked out as I think you intended. Like realistic except you can't see the polys behind you, only in your los..

ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2006, 09:54:02 pm »
i'm glad you people are understanding the key concept of this game.
It's like in many games you play in which you know the location of your enemies but they don't know yours - so you can strategize how to best drop in and attack.  Almost like a hitman though more aggressive.  As zamorak said, it's key elements are simple, yet powerful enough to create a new gameplay in soldat.
Again, I've noticed that most new gamemode ideas are rather ill planned because (as the more recent one i remember) they either require certain conditions to work well or because many small things have not been planned for.  This idea I've though through many times and the only downside to it is pretty much the same as in rambo - when people just start attacking other people.
Also:  imagine a group of ppl stickign together to attack anything that attacks them.  only too late do they find out that the actual hunter is amongst them and hell suddenly breaks out.  I'd love to see that happen - so many Soldat Moments possible