Author Topic: ASE Soldat Lobby  (Read 9791 times)

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
Re: Game-Monitor Tag
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2006, 01:37:24 pm »
Ah, beat me to it. Good job, looks nice.

Offline Rahaiz

• Major(1)
  • fr0g| Rahaiz
    • The Active French Community
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2006, 01:54:42 pm »
Nice work.

It misses some Death and Cap scores in the server information though.
Rahaiz // Raezzt
French Community Administrator and Team France Leader.

Offline Frenchie

• Camper
  • SoldatHQ
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2007, 12:31:10 am »
Yeah thats because the ASE protocol doesn't give out the Death and Cap scores though  :-

BTW thanks to all who posted  :)

Date Posted: October 10, 2006, 06:22:50 AM
After checking the stats of the site out, I found that it varied greatly some days and many visitors coming from google came in at very random times.  :-

So basically today I did quite a few updates, but the main ones people will notice are

-- All the links on the pages are made more search engine and user 'friendly'
-- And I added map preview of servers.
ATM there aren't alot of map previews, but I'll add some more tonight.

There are a few things I'm thinking of adding and 1 of them is ranking of servers.
If anyone knows what would be a good way of giving points to servers, please post. What I'm thinking is everytime a server is updated, give it a point and add a point for each player in it.
Soldat Lobby Avec Players -New Release! - Updated AGAIN!

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2007, 05:19:53 am »
Is there anyway you could program it so that you can sort the list by clicking the column (like Name, Mode, Country, or Map)
That would be really handy ;)
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Frenchie

• Camper
  • SoldatHQ
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2007, 06:05:17 am »
That was on my to-do list, but since it's been asked for again, I just added it.  :)

Anyone else got any ideas for features or the ranking feature?

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2007, 06:22:03 am »
I don't suppose a global "stats" counter (from all servers) is possible is it?....I guess that would be more of a pain in the ass.
hmm.

Offline Frenchie

• Camper
  • SoldatHQ
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2007, 06:28:16 am »
Global stats counter? I don't know what you mean..

If you were referring to the ranking feature, that will be used to rank servers on reliability and popularity.

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2007, 07:54:23 am »
Stats...like the U13 stats and stuff. Maybe count all of them and combine them as one.
Sounds complex just saying it...so it's prolly useless...and it'd be wh0red.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2007, 07:59:35 am »
That isn't really possible unless he queried the servers very often.  Even then, I'm not sure how feasible it is

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2007, 08:01:41 am »
That could be done, but I (Like many other server admins) would not want to have my server being queried constantly just to get player's kills, causes nothing bug lag and excess bandwidth.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2007, 11:01:20 pm »
A welcome feature, if you feel like doing it, is monitoring ping spikes. This could be useful.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Frenchie

• Camper
  • SoldatHQ
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2007, 07:01:14 am »
@Bone Collector: Thanks for putting ideas outthere, but I won't be ading stats to lobby.

@mxyzptlk:Don't really understand why you would want to monitor ping spikes as they happen quickly and usually without notice then. Anyway I'd probably have to query servers quite often and as EnEsCe posted, I would rather not bother with that.

ATM I'm looking into ranking and graphing server usage/activity.

Date Posted: January 11, 2007, 02:23:27 PM
Did some work on it.
And added map stats and gamemode stats. (Maps on servers and how many players on them)
Can prove quite useful for those interested in starting their own server and wondering what maps are popular and which aren't. Or those trying to find maps people like but are not quite known.

For eg. ATM ctf_Laos seems to be the most widespread map.. with 17 servers using it, but it's not the most popular with only 15 players. While ctf_ash has 16 servers with it and 42 players.

Stats here: http://www.tumler.namepad.net/lobby/stats/
Will update first post.

BTW not 56k friendly. Anyone who could give me advice or know how into caching images better? or properly? would be greatly appreciated :)

Offline User No. 2

• Major
  • IT engineer
Re: ASE Soldat Lobby
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2007, 05:34:58 am »
Usefull project. It would be nice if you can store in your database for while players nicks which are (or was) on-line for example for a week or a month or even (if you are warried of you database size) not limited with any time, but limited with some number of records in your database (for example last 3000 - 10000 nicks seen online etc.) Then you could add seen option - lobby user type nick and receive from lobby time when somebody with this nick was seen on-line (+ info on which server that nick was seen). It could be usefull, but of course it require some extra database space, but you can strictly set how much database space you want give for it with metods which I mention above.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 05:49:36 am by User No. 2 »
Regards, User No. 2

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2007, 08:35:25 am »
The new lobby being used in 1.4 should have some new features like the ones Frenchie has here/is adding, and should also make it easier for him to do things without compulsively querying servers.

User No 2, I mention that because keeping track of where people are would again require querying the servers often, though not as often as some of the things suggested here

Offline HEX

• Major
  • =tNt=
    • SoldatX Brazilian Community
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2007, 03:49:15 pm »
Whoa, awesome.

Offline Frenchie

• Camper
  • SoldatHQ
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2007, 03:50:33 am »
Thanks for nice comments

lobby user type nick and receive from lobby time when somebody with this nick was seen on-line (+ info on which server that nick was seen). It could be usefull, but of course it require some extra database space,
Thats a pretty decent idea. I'll keep it in mind when I get the time to update it.  :)

User No 2, I mention that because keeping track of where people are would again require querying the servers often, though not as often as some of the things suggested here
Mmm.. wild guess that the new lobby will have a playerlist...

-If anyone has anymore unique ideas/contributions to be made to ASE Soldat Lobby, do please tell

-------
I have been abit busy with some other things but I hope to get time into updating some of my scripts soon.
-BTW for those interested in my development of SOAP (Soldat Online Admin Program) I have re-written the whole backend, which has allowed a few more options to be later added in the final release AND a much faster execution time.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2007, 02:07:07 pm »
Yes, I'd say wait for the new lobby to be finished and 1.4 to be out before you add any features to this that could cause a large number of ASE queries to servers (like polling to keep track of who is there, etc)

Offline Frenchie

• Camper
  • SoldatHQ
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2007, 01:08:51 am »
Ill just keep it as is until the new lobby comes out.

BTW atm it does keep a small players database for the last 15 mins. So you can search for friends if they were playing in the server within 15 mins when it updated.