Author Topic: Halo 3 Discussion  (Read 1022 times)

Offline 001 Amped

• Major
    • New Zealand Soldat Forum
Halo 3 Discussion
« on: September 15, 2006, 03:00:06 am »
I thought id open a thread for the awesome Halo 3 which is going to be released on a date (not stated yet) sometime in 2007, i thought it would be cool to make a thread and gather information from everybody and sorta bring it to one source and get some info and cool screenies about Halo 3.

Click Here to watch the Halo 3 trailer (Windows Media, Small)

Click Here to watch the Halo 3 trailer (Quicktime, Small)

You can find the large uncropped trailers here: http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?link=Halo3Announcement

----

Some quotes from Bungie.net: The Cortana reveal is the first evidence that this trailer might be for Halo 3, but the game's main protagonist is the item that seals that deal. CJ explains, "It is the Chief, back on a devastated and Covenant controlled Earth, standing over the excavation of a structure buried in the crust of our own planet that is the meat of our demo."

"The questions raised by these images, and the feeling that our assumptions about the Halo universe are being challenged this late in the story is what I am personally most excited about leaving with our fans. That's the type of thing that builds anticipation even more for the payoff to this trilogy we are preparing."

CJ's long nights are far from over. Cinematics are going to be as vital a part of Halo 3 as they were in Halo 2 and Halo: Combat Evolved. As before, they will use the game engine to keep the player feeling like a part of the action.

Cortanna is still being held by gravemind in Halo 3, i think.. can anyone re-assure me.

Feel free to post your own images and info about the upcoming Halo 3!

i hope they dont out-do halo 3 like alot of 2nd and 3rd versions of games do, from what ive heard and seen its gonna be a pretty nice game though

« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 03:03:37 am by 001 Amped »

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
Re: Halo 3 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 03:50:23 am »
Anything that spawns from the deepest bowels of Microsoft doesnt deserve a thread.

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 04:28:25 am »
Anything that spawns from the deepest bowels of Microsoft doesnt deserve a thread.
*claps* *cries*

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 05:50:42 am »
I like Halo. I'm gonna probably buy a 360 is Halo 3 comes out, because I'm a fan of the series.

Halo is just fun because it makes me feel better. It's not frustrating, you just grab some guns and pwn some grunts with your pistol in the head. Plus taking on a squad of covenant by yourself why'll there screaming in terror is fun, no?

You know those rings in the backround of the trailer? I found it funny that people thought they were halo's....seriously though, a halo is the size of a planet. Plus those things are from the space elevator when the assault cruiser jumped within the city.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 05:55:33 am »
Looks like you know alot bout Halo 3, dascoo.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 05:57:57 am »
I know my stuff...but I know more on HOEMWORLD!@1212312312

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 06:15:04 am »
The funny part is that Bungie insisted to keep it secret to everyone, but still it slipped out to the public in all sorts of ways like water through cracks in a solid concrete wall.... and Bungie still denied that they where making it... :P

Offline m00`

• Soldier
  • hai guys
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 06:25:38 am »
i dont know how people play FPS games on consoles, its so frustrating and boring
cool

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 06:27:16 am »
You think halo is frustrating? Wow.......I only get frustrated with god dam DOD because I suck at it.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 02:36:54 pm »
I check red vs blue often, so I know what the fans of halo are like. If they listen to the fans for 3 then its gonna suck!! Basically, I dont trust them to make a good game. I think halo had its 15 mins of fame.