Author Topic: new gamemode: The Hunter  (Read 2429 times)

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
Re: new gamemode: The Hunter
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2006, 04:59:59 pm »
Wow, it's not complicated at all... Can you people read?

Also, I really like this idea as its a difference from the other game modes out there(rambo mode sounds different in it's key elements). Perhaps have the area's he can't see blacked out as I think you intended. Like realistic except you can't see the polys behind you, only in your los..

ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
Re: new gamemode: The Hunter
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2006, 09:54:02 pm »
i'm glad you people are understanding the key concept of this game.
It's like in many games you play in which you know the location of your enemies but they don't know yours - so you can strategize how to best drop in and attack.  Almost like a hitman though more aggressive.  As zamorak said, it's key elements are simple, yet powerful enough to create a new gameplay in soldat.
Again, I've noticed that most new gamemode ideas are rather ill planned because (as the more recent one i remember) they either require certain conditions to work well or because many small things have not been planned for.  This idea I've though through many times and the only downside to it is pretty much the same as in rambo - when people just start attacking other people.
Also:  imagine a group of ppl stickign together to attack anything that attacks them.  only too late do they find out that the actual hunter is amongst them and hell suddenly breaks out.  I'd love to see that happen - so many Soldat Moments possible
Can't think of anything original to put here...