Author Topic: new deathmatch options  (Read 1980 times)

Offline amity

• Major
new deathmatch options
« on: September 16, 2006, 10:39:57 pm »
i was just thinking, despite all the hard work put into getting a good kd ratio or say, tripple kills multi kills etc there is no payoff despite your own satisfaction
i reckon itd be pretty cool if say, you got a 2-1 kd ratio at the endgame screen you had a symbol or something next to your name, and if 3-1 kd ratio 2 symbols etc etc
also for tripple kills etc maybe get like, 5 percent health back for each kill , so like, say if you got tripple kill you would get 10 percent life back

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
Re: new deathmatch options
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 10:43:17 pm »
I always found the act more satisfying than the result.

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 11:29:18 pm »
Sounds alright to me. Im in.

Offline amity

• Major
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 11:43:55 pm »
:D
and yeah, it would just add that little bit extra i reckon, see how many stars you can get

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 01:11:21 am »
Lovin it. One problem. if the spawn rate is low, you can go around geting serial kills and get alot of hp back.

Offline Meep.

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 01:17:12 am »
Naw, we don't need a vampiric type thing for DM.  It's good to go around and see how many kills you can get with little life before you die.

Offline amity

• Major
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 01:18:02 am »
hmm, thats still only 25% health back, but yeah, something to be fiddled with, and like i said it would be an option for dm so if it was getting abused servers could just turn it of

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2006, 01:48:39 am »
is this like a medal system such as the one in halo2? i would be for that.
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline amity

• Major
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2006, 02:01:17 am »
yep

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2006, 02:05:28 am »
While I like the health regeneration idea, I think it'd be easily confused with health hacks, and people seeing someone take bullet after bullet and not die would get mad. Likewise, an instant full reload bonus for each chained kill could be construed as hacking, too, though that'd be nice as well. If Soldat had a point system that wasn't solely based on the kill amount, then a chaining system would be nice and not interfere with the basic game.

Offline amity

• Major
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2006, 02:23:59 am »
hmm, i see what you mean by "health hacks" concerns, buts its only a small amount, but yeah maybe a higher level to get it, like multi or something, rarely happen
hmm, yes i would love a better point system, but i spose you cant have it get to complicated,,,

Offline Chameleon

• Major
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2006, 02:43:06 am »
maybe instead of a health regeneration, your defence goes up a bit.

for example if a gun would do 10 damage normally, after a doublt kille it would do 9.9 dmage

Offline amity

• Major
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2006, 03:00:44 am »
maybe instead of a health regeneration, your defence goes up a bit.

for example if a gun would do 10 damage normally, after a doublt kille it would do 9.9 dmage
would it be permanent, if not i dont really see the difference between that and health regeneration

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2006, 05:13:54 am »
I think you should just get one extra bullet in your clip (exept m79 and law).

this way it won't be as benifcil for auto users, but would GREATLY help someone using a semi - auto.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2006, 07:42:13 am »
as a variant of this, every time you score in inf and maybe even ctf, you gain full health as a bonus for capping.

I liked the symbol idea, but what would it look like, what soldat related things are there, it should also be fully moddable.

I do not like the full reload or any variant of it, it would seem that getting bullets instantly is haxxoring and could lead to bannage and whinage for months after implementing.

the bottom line is if you are good enough to get double and triple kills enough for this to be at all significant, it is likely that you would win with or without a reward for doing so well.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline amity

• Major
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2006, 08:10:33 am »
hmm, with the ctf though theres ussually heaps of health bonu's already there
spose the health idea isnt to flash
but i still really like the idea of the kd ratio symbol thingy, im kinda thinking like what they have out of cod2 but without the bonus's of course, maby on your interface, ill go make a new topic on mods help in the meantime cuase i really want this :D