Author Topic: m79 counter  (Read 9650 times)

Offline Nightcrawler

• Soldier
  • www.aussoldat.com
Re: m79 counter
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2006, 12:47:21 am »
I have just learned to dodge them and then hit them with my M79. But if i'm not using a M79, i just Ruger them. Keeping a fair distance, watching the M79 grenade, and dodging the grenade, are the best strategies i have found.
I rule.
IGN: vK:\\ Deadpool

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2006, 12:58:50 am »
I've found it possible to manouver my way around an M79 shot.

+ ive only been barretting this version ;D

(i swear ill deagle again  :-X)

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2006, 01:13:31 am »
I just /kill before they hit me.... <3 Taunt binding

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2006, 01:41:07 am »
Be careful with that, new dedicated server can punsih you :P
Of course you know this though, you helped make it.
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline Bugs Revenge

• Camper
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2006, 10:08:25 am »
Hah, I've actualy met someone who's done it to me but, if you see it hits you but it doesn't kills you? (LAG) so u'r still dead, that's too bad :P

Offline XYZ

• Soldier
  • Banned
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2006, 05:24:56 pm »
The only actual counter for the M79 is a LAW to the face. They'll try to come close enough to you, but by the time they fire, you've already blown them away. That is, in closed areas. In wide, open spaces, use a STEYR like everyone else said. If you can, get above them. If they miss, they might come down on themselves. And, if you can get above them, don't ever go prone. That makes you a wide target.  ANNND. If you manage to get behind them, go Halo style and fist them. If he turns around and fires, you'll both die.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2006, 05:29:59 pm »
really the only terrain an m79 has an advantage is close-quarters, tunnels, and places with not much flying room(i.e. low cieling)
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

AaaaaaaahhhHH!!!

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2006, 05:33:51 pm »
yea, i mean that's only like half of the game, so they're not a big deal ;) just don't whine that m79s suck and do the following to beat them easily.

1. don't ever rush aggressively, they'll kill you before you respond.

2. don't, or at least try not to walk on land most of the time, jet in the air.

3. don't ever ever go into tunnels or small corners.

4. don't ever use a close to medium range weapon. ever.

5. don't play maps with mostly close range fighting areas, after all it's only like 1/3 of the maps :)

yep that sounds fair to me  ;D, the m79 is a very very balanced "weapon" right now.

EDIT: even though i hate it, but yes it is very hard to use m79 at long range, even if they do you can easily dodge the shots, so just stay away.

Offline Spectral

• Major(1)
  • hawt azn
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2006, 10:07:37 pm »
since m79 is a close range gun, using long range guns if preferred.  ruger if u can kill with it quickly, spraying with autos, barret.  and ofc making sure you have places to cover yourself

Offline Nightcrawler

• Soldier
  • www.aussoldat.com
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2006, 12:53:10 am »
I absolutely hate when people do that to me. I think killing yourself to avoid a M79 bullet is really cheap.
I rule.
IGN: vK:\\ Deadpool

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2006, 01:45:51 am »
really the only terrain an m79 has an advantage is close-quarters, tunnels, and places with not much flying room(i.e. low cieling)

I'd disagree about the M79 having an advantage in tunnels. Of course it depends on the shape and position in the tunnels, but the low ceiling prevents lobbing shots to get any distance. You could ricochet the shot to travel further, but that's going to be difficult while under fire and getting binked, especially under auto fire given all the ricocheting bullets. Narrow tunnels are especially bad unless the design of it forces an approaching enemy to stand in the way of the shot with no chance to react (ie., the short "Z" tunnel in Kampf).

Offline Neozuki

• Major(1)
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2006, 02:06:32 am »
I consider myself good with the M79. I dont know why people hate people like me, were as bad as the barreters. With minimal practice people can use the M79, but it takes more practice to use it right.

Tunnels will most likely favor us. Unless it is flat, the hills and low cieling provide cover while we curve our shot to you. My advice is to stick to the cieling. Unless we are close to you, we cant hit you because of the curve.

In the air it can be easy to predict where your going. Again, because of the curve, I suggest jetting away from us, while hitting us with anything you have. This way we have to aim really high just to accomadate the curve, plus we have to deal with the bink.

Overall try to stay higher than us and look ahead. I get most of my kills from people rushing through a tunnel or through the open.

Offline Lord Jaws

• Major(1)
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2006, 04:17:45 am »
Stick to the ground at first and walk backwards, keep some distance and when they shoot you got time ju jump up and jet and get closer to finish the job.. And like jettlarue sayd, practice with it, see how it works, the lob distances etc..

They also tend to try and get close first, its easier to kill thatway for them...
Once you know how to kill them it get really easy, but a M79 veteran will be harder to kill, and if you get some skills you would also do better
Ow, and don't get under a M79, 90% you get killed then...
MY Realistic Soldat Clan.: Coalition Europe
Shame it died. . .

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2006, 02:13:32 pm »
My opinion for the weapon that counters m79 is the Ruger, but you do not hop run with a Ruger, because you get into close range battles you'd rather avoid, also makes it easier to concentrate and pick off people running around, dodging m79s is even more a piece of cake when you keep a distance.

EDIT: Also mentioned above, keep above them, gravity is a wonder for m79s, under them and they almost teleport to you they drop so quick, above them it gets pulled down after travelling a few feet.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 02:15:48 pm by BooBoo McBad »