Author Topic: Wondering about cell-shaded textures?  (Read 943 times)

Offline Hootie hoo

• Camper
  • "Noone" isn't a word.
Wondering about cell-shaded textures?
« on: September 17, 2006, 11:46:38 am »
I don't know how many people here replaced their textures with Serial K!ller's cell-shaded ones, but I did.
When I download a new, good map, it almost always comes with its own texture. If it's just one block, it's easy to convert: Bring it up in Paint and stretch it down so it's 1x1 pixels.
But what do you do when the texture has more than one block and blurs then together?
Take the attatched texture, for example (taken from EA's HTF_Derogatory). How would I convert that to a cell-shaded one?
It didn't take me too long to figure out that a very strong gaussian blur does the trick. Just download Paint.NET, that's what I used. Go to the effects -> blurs menu and select "gaussian blur". Bring the meter up to 70-100% and then just save the texture. Click here to see the result, used on the attatched texture.

Hope I helped you out, and I really encourage you to use SK's cell-shaded mod. :)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 12:01:27 pm by Hootie hoo »
Image removed please read the forum rules.

Offline -WildBill-

• Camper
  • Extra-Medium
Re: Wondering about cell-shaded textures?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 06:00:20 pm »
lol, so what exaclty are you wondering about cell-shaded texures? seems like you know them prett ywell, through and through.

=P
lol siggeh deleted for the 7th time! that's like a new record or something, ain't it?

Offline Hootie hoo

• Camper
  • "Noone" isn't a word.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 07:42:39 pm »
I'm not wondering anything. 0_o
At the end of the post I said "Hope I helped you out, and I really encourage you to use SK's cell-shaded mod."
Image removed please read the forum rules.

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 11:29:39 am »
He was saying Wondering about cell-shaded textures? to others not himself :p
http://yossi.jrgp.org/?action=maps&sa=user_maps&u=10
Image (and link) is broken. Feel free to fix it.