Author Topic: Friendly Fire, why?  (Read 4156 times)

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
Re: Friendly Fire, why?
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2006, 01:54:29 pm »
Well, that's your opinion.  It's nowhere near needlessly complex; all you are really doing is getting used to it.  Sure, it may take time, but it's still Soldat.  Don't hate another mode just because you don't prefer it :p  I still love Normal mode.

Oh, I agree that it's just another mode and really nothing to complain about. Still, the jerky gun control is just horrible design. I play it from time to time because there are certain aspects that I like, but the weapon setup is just atrocious. I wish each aspect of the realistic mode had its own dipswitch.

Offline Death MachineX350

• Camper
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2006, 03:59:44 pm »
I love playing realistic, its fun and all that, but i have a hard time understanding why people play with friendly fire.

Friendly fire is a nuisance to me, the only reason anyone would ever get a teamkill is one of the following:
1. the tker has no idea what the **** hes doing
2. some lamer gets in the way too much
3. some internet fight that ends in teamkilling each other and a kick from the server
4. random spray
5. to be an asshole and tk for the flag
6. a total accident

It doesn't make much sense to have on at all, I mean I would rather go all by myself than have to worry about where i am and where some other idiot is so I don't get us all killed.

Friendly fire just makes a team less effective, i find myself screened by six or so guys who got pwned and run in front of me directly at the enemy. It is so much to worry about.

So my question is; why do  so many people like it, and why do so many servers have it?
Jeez I already made a topic of this sort. Sometimes people shoot teammatres to piss them off(sometimes response can be really funny!). And sometimes they don't get kicked because the enemy team votes no so that the tker helps kill their enemy. It's a game and I don't understand why people get so pissed off about it. Unless it's your whole life and then it's sad.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2006, 04:40:18 pm »
Jeez I already made a topic of this sort. Sometimes people shoot teammatres to piss them off(sometimes response can be really funny!). And sometimes they don't get kicked because the enemy team votes no so that the tker helps kill their enemy. It's a game and I don't understand why people get so pissed off about it. Unless it's your whole life and then it's sad.

In my experience, people don't get pissed off at the game as much as they get pissed off at the people playing it, so saying "it's just a game" is rather obsolete.

I love playing realistic, its fun and all that, but i have a hard time understanding why people play with friendly fire.

Friendly fire is a nuisance to me, the only reason anyone would ever get a teamkill is one of the following:
1. the tker has no idea what the **** hes doing
2. some lamer gets in the way too much
3. some internet fight that ends in teamkilling each other and a kick from the server
4. random spray
5. to be an asshole and tk for the flag
6. a total accident

It doesn't make much sense to have on at all, I mean I would rather go all by myself than have to worry about where i am and where some other idiot is so I don't get us all killed.

Friendly fire just makes a team less effective, i find myself screened by six or so guys who got pwned and run in front of me directly at the enemy. It is so much to worry about.

So my question is; why do  so many people like it, and why do so many servers have it?

Well I think you already answered why so many servers have it... because so many people like it. Well, so many people don't like it at the same time, and there's plenty of good servers without it, so my question is: Why bother yourself with it at all? Just stick to the game style you enjoy, and let other people do the same. I can't really give an answer as to WHY lots of people like it... I'm not too keen on it myself. But it really doesn't matter, does it?

Offline pinOi32

• Camper
  • "Bravo kid's bad day"
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2006, 05:01:11 pm »
because...its realistic
Pls use my amazing interface:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=27584

I WIN!!

WHY MY KARMA SUCK??