Author Topic: A time to breath  (Read 4179 times)

Offline amity

• Major
Re: A time to breath
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006, 03:24:39 pm »
I don't see the problem with the m79 personally. It's about the funnest gun to use in the game. I guess most people aren't playing for fun though.
sif, knife is funnest :D
i havnt really taken a break since i started playing 6 months ago, i could imagine after around a month id be back to being really shite, was it like that for you guys

Offline Commander Kitsune

• Soldier
  • Kits
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2006, 03:27:52 pm »
It's hard to say noobism is down. At least for me it is, but I do think soldat is becomeing less "noobish" (I hate that word). I think soldats becoming a little more enjoyable.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2006, 03:49:47 pm »
And that is where moderator powers come in handy...
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2006, 05:43:34 pm »
And that is where moderator powers come in handy...

i dont see how being bad at a game is grounds for moderator intervention.....
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline TCO_SPARKY

• Major(1)
  • Music=Soul
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2006, 06:16:08 pm »
I think that the fact that "noobism" (blah) is down is because the noobs before are starting to branch out to other guns. I know when i started playing soldat, i would only use m79 and Barret; just because they were so powerful and had one hit kills. after a while, they get REALLY boring and u get tired of the reload time for each. The fact that 'noobism' is down is because there aren't that many noobs any more... that could be a good thing or bad... :P
I shot an arrow into the air, and it stuck.

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2006, 06:23:01 pm »
I don't see the problem with the m79 personally.  It's about the funnest gun to use in the game. I guess most people aren't playing for fun though.

Quoted for an insane amount of awesomeness.

Offline Death MachineX350

• Camper
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2006, 09:05:20 pm »
I don't see the problem with the m79 personally.  It's about the funnest gun to use in the game. I guess most people aren't playing for fun though.

Quoted for quotenessicty of all quotes. Sweet. Realistic mode is'nt that boring just go on Leo's server it is'nt survival I don't think.Edit: man my karma has hit a steep drop.

Offline Atticus

• Major
  • Always outnumbered, but never outgunned.
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2006, 09:22:00 pm »
I find this topic pretty ironic. I have never heard of almost all of the people that are talking about n00bness. Maybe it is because I havn't played in a month in a half, but still.
.phx .bot+ {B}{H} NS - nv` .dfa s/0][ /HS/- </ sk:// `SL - c'n's R7. |LP| Slams&Jams-

Seancapsyourass

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2006, 09:32:00 pm »
The tendency of the casual mind is to pick out or stumble upon a sample which supports or defies its prejudices, and then to make it the representative of a whole class.

Sleep on that ;)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 09:34:19 pm by Seancapsyourass »

Offline Atticus

• Major
  • Always outnumbered, but never outgunned.
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2006, 09:35:56 pm »

The tendency of the casual mind is to pick out or stumble upon a sample which supports or defies its prejudices, and then to make it the representative of a whole class.

Sleep on that ;)

Goodnight  :-* 
.phx .bot+ {B}{H} NS - nv` .dfa s/0][ /HS/- </ sk:// `SL - c'n's R7. |LP| Slams&Jams-

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2006, 09:44:35 pm »

leo has a Real, a R/S and an R/S/A.....all of which i love now

Quoted for quotenessicty of all quotes. Sweet. Realistic mode is'nt that boring just go on Leo's server it is'nt survival I don't think.Edit: man my karma has hit a steep drop.
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2006, 03:11:57 am »
There used to be a time whenever I'd get tired with soldat, I'd quit for just a few days. I'd return, still delivering a neat sample of high battle performance, but it seems these days I have to quit for atleast a good month. Whenever I return, it feels like I have to start all over..

However, it's tought me not to hunt for the pro rankings anymore. These days I just play for the fun of it, and suddently it a whole other experience.. My K/D Ratio used to be on about 2,50 after 5000 kills, but now it's more like 1,90 :P I don't mind, though, I'm having the time of my life whenever I play.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2006, 08:42:36 am »
[...] but now it's more like 1,90 :P I don't mind, though, I'm having the time of my life whenever I play.
now I know that isn't true :D
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline The_Teacher

• Major
  • Only the saw is unstained from filthy blood!
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2006, 09:27:30 am »
Hah...I still think that barrets are worst. Can't dodge a barretbullet -.-
My aim sucks.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2006, 12:00:47 pm »
Like every other gun.... you can trick the person into missing you.  Learn to move right and you can avoid half the shots fired at you.
@ii

Offline amity

• Major
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2006, 12:49:25 pm »
hmm, yer + is right to an extent, i have come across snipers where despite all my best moves they have still hit me, same with m79,  hmm, probally has more to do with my skill though

Offline Death MachineX350

• Camper
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2006, 05:00:44 pm »
Like every other gun.... you can trick the person into missing you.  Learn to move right and you can avoid half the shots fired at you.
hmm, yer + is right to an extent, i have come across snipers where despite all my best moves they have still hit me, same with m79,  hmm, probally has more to do with my skill though
Yes Barrett bullets are dodgeable(regardless of whiners) and it has to do more with your skill level on dodging bullets.