Author Topic: Helpp....?  (Read 1824 times)

Offline ladysolja

• Major(1)
Helpp....?
« on: September 13, 2006, 01:51:02 pm »
anyone know where i can get these kinds of jets?!
I'm reading the forum rules regarding maximum signature sizes right now!

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
Re: Helpp....?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 01:52:55 pm »

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 01:55:00 pm »
To color your jets you need to register Soldat, for more information on that visit http://www.soldat.pl/man/register-en.html.
Also those jets graphics are modded, and I have not seen that mod before. You can mod the jets yourself by editing jetfire.bmp in the Sparks-gfx folder located inside your main Soldat folder.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 01:56:35 pm by Toumaz »

Offline ladysolja

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 06:04:09 pm »
Turn here
thats where i got it from

Date Posted: September 13, 2006, 06:18:14 PM
Nvm got it =D

Created by Njetji ;D
I'm reading the forum rules regarding maximum signature sizes right now!

Offline Anna

• Soldier
    • my dev blog
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 06:30:49 pm »
I was experimenting with using png files with alpha transparency in Soldat recently, here's a quick one I just made:

big | small

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 06:01:39 am »
What exactly is alpha transperancy? (I know transperancy means partially invisible but whats alpha and how to do it?)

Offline PeteBone

• Soldier
  • Son of a b*tch!
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 09:47:57 am »
this png stars works to anyone? to me dont work o.0

yeah nice stars ladysolja
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 10:53:29 am by PeteBone »

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 10:38:09 am »
numgun, alpha transparancy is where you set a layer to a percent of transparancy, transparancy is 100% but with alpha transparancy it can be like 20%. and alpa is a type of image layer i think...im not entirely sure though.

petebone, i think partially transparant pngs dont work on real old systems. but maybe its a soldat bug,

Offline PeteBone

• Soldier
  • Son of a b*tch!
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 10:54:07 am »
o_o

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 01:10:21 pm »
He means, alpha transparency is a fancy way of describing partial transparency.  Like in some custom interfaces.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline -WildBill-

• Camper
  • Extra-Medium
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2006, 05:39:45 pm »
if alpha is 50% then that means it's halfway transparent. if alpha is 100% then you can't see through it. if it's 0% then you cant see it (it's comepletely transparent). I dunno if you knew this already, but just to clear it up for a lot of folks out there, .bmp files don't support transparency. the only way Soldat sees some parts of them as completely transparent (0% alpha) is when the color is perfectly green (html: #00FF00) (r=0, g=255, b=0). .png files, on the other hand, can have individual pixels with specific transparencies, like .gifs, except that gif's are either 100% transparent or 0% whereas .pngs could be anywhere in between. an example of a .png would be mistrcahrle's signature. the edges of the text are anti-aliased so it looks a lot smotther and you dont see the rough corners of all the pixels. also, PolyWorks is awesome in the sense that it supports .png files in making maps. amb_cloud1-sk.png is a perfect example; the cloud is very blurry and slightly changes alpha throughout the image so it gives a realistic thin and thick effect of the cloud.

back on topic: those .png jets look great. this could open new doors in modding and other visual enhancements for Soldat!
lol siggeh deleted for the 7th time! that's like a new record or something, ain't it?

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 01:57:16 pm »
Actually, the earliest example of alpha transparency in Soldat I can find was the Alpha Explosion by Serial Killer. Nothing new, unless you count less than a year old as new.

.bmp files do support transparency, but it requires a small hack. Rename a .png to a .bmp, and it'll keep all the partial transparency. Thank you Microsoft for including that exploit. :P
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Anna

• Soldier
    • my dev blog
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 11:04:17 am »
.bmp files do support transparency, but it requires a small hack. Rename a .png to a .bmp, and it'll keep all the partial transparency. Thank you Microsoft for including that exploit. :P

When you change the extension of a png file to .bmp it's still a png file, but Soldat is now able to load it because it has the correct file name. DirectX doesn't care what the extension is, it gets the file type from the file itself.