Author Topic: Un-perma-ban help  (Read 1905 times)

Offline The_Monkeys_Pa

• Major(1)
Un-perma-ban help
« on: September 23, 2006, 10:52:40 pm »
Ok, so my little brother and his friends were playing Soldat (a couple of times), and let's just say that things got ugly.  They acted like complete ***** and were tking people like crazy.  I went to play the game one day and I was going to play on 'Fudded' when it said that I was banned on this server.  I was like "wtf?" and turned it off.  I thought maybe it was just a small ban that they had gotten me.

It wasn't.  I had been permanently banned off of it.

The exact same same thing happened to me in regards to the the DS Private Server.  I can't play either of these, which kind of sucks because they were some of my favorite servers (I'm an R/S player, so there were matches and such in the DS Private once in awhile, and Fudded can just get crazy).

So, now that I'm not letting my brother and his friends play Soldat anymore (AT  ALL), I was wondering if I could be un-perma'd.  My game name is (currently) 'Proudest_Monkey' (not that it matters) and I would appreciate it if the admins of these two servers would be nice enough to do this.  I would be grateful.

Thank you to anyone who could help me with this problem. :)
I am an appreciator.

Offline Hootie hoo

• Camper
  • "Noone" isn't a word.
Re: Un-perma-ban help
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 10:58:09 pm »
Ugh, don'tcha hate it when siblings mess up your stuff?
I hope everything goes well with the unbanning. :)
Image removed please read the forum rules.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 11:21:38 pm »
You have to contact the server owner, posting here will not get you unbanned.

But yeah, "younger brother using my computer" has to be the most common variation for "I was hacking"

Offline The_Monkeys_Pa

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 11:45:42 pm »
Hey man, I don't even have virus protection on my computer now (or ANY protection), so don't even suspect that I've been using hacks.  Plus, it's cheating, and it ruins the game for others.

Oh, and btw, I love your climb servers.
I am an appreciator.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 01:31:52 am »
I'm not going to lock this so that someone can suggest who the owners of those servers are. 

I will lock this instantly if this turns into a flame war, a debate about hacking, or anything else aside from normal discussion about who owns the servers or something else appropriate.

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 10:24:48 am »
Hey man, I don't even have virus protection on my computer now (or ANY protection), so don't even suspect that I've been using hacks.  Plus, it's cheating, and it ruins the game for others.

And that means you can't hack..how?
http://yossi.jrgp.org/?action=maps&sa=user_maps&u=10
Image (and link) is broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline The_Monkeys_Pa

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 12:31:28 pm »

And that means you can't hack..how?
I dunno, I always thought you had to download hacks or something.  Again, I don't hack, I'm just looking for help.
I am an appreciator.

Offline kingkitty

• Soldier
  • Yes!
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 06:08:40 am »
I'm not going to lock this so that someone can suggest who the owners of those servers are. 

I will lock this instantly if this turns into a flame war, a debate about hacking, or anything else aside from normal discussion about who owns the servers or something else appropriate.
Owners are Icebolt and Strider.

http://dssoldatclan.proboards61.com/  Go ask to be unbanned here. Most of the people who run the r/s servers usually hang out there so you can also post to be unbanned from the "time to get fudded" server.

Maybe my post is too late..oh well..
I'm away.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 10:16:47 am »
Thanks for the helpful post kingkitty, much appreciated

Offline drinkduff

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 01:31:08 pm »
Hi,
I run fudded, Its my Secondary server.    Between the R/S NA servers there are a few broad admins, as they have admin on pretty much every server.  Hence why you see yourself sometimes banned across the board without going on that server.  Whomever that admin was probally was following the other server rules which are much stricter.  Also on this server of mine i kinda let it go really loose.  People that i give admin to i trust them to use a judgement call.  Its a 32 slot server with FF on.  Its chaotic at most but people are pretty good at self governing the server by using VOTE.
I reset the ban list every so often.   

Regardless
If you were really hacking you'll get banned again because someone will catch you again. 
If you weren't hacking, then you'll be playing and nobody will bother you.
What most likely happened is everyone was sick and tired of "whoever" it was acting like an Ass.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 01:33:44 pm by drinkduff »

Offline Chameleon

• Major
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 06:25:10 pm »
i am an admin in both servers. and i have seen you play on the odd occasion, from what i saw, you have been a fair/decent player.

if you PM me your ip, i can unban you from fudded server, but i will not unban you from the DS private server, because there is a stricter rule there, and you would probably have to talk to a higher power (strider/icebolt) to be unbanned from that server. the server's forum is xrl.us/dsclan you can contact them there

Offline The_Monkeys_Pa

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 06:34:37 pm »
Thanks for the help guys.  I'll get right on contacting pople.

Again, thanks!  You guys were a big help!
I am an appreciator.