Author Topic: NOTE:This is for new players:what not to do when playing online.  (Read 9878 times)

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Soldier
  • Boomshakalack!
    • Real Soldat!
Re: NOTE:This is for new players:what not to do when playing online.
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2006, 02:26:52 pm »
Well, it depends what kind of camping. If it's camping on the same spot over and over and over again after being killed several times, and with the same gun (barret) all the time. I say yea, you shouldn't do that.
But camping in the sense of sitting somewhere, waiting for the enemy, killing him, and then sit somewhere else doing the same is alright to me. I do it quite often. Or when just starting a map on RS I like to rush to a camp position where I have an advantage and after killing some people I move on.

AaaaaaaahhhHH!!!

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2006, 03:15:19 pm »
this is just another topic for ppl to whine about "OmGzZZ!! no campinggftyft!!!"

Quote from: ?link=topic=556.msg5073#msg5073 date=1150244719
Don't ask "asl"....
but thats the only way to hook up wit da hawt soldat chicks online...

jesus christ dude, can't believe the here r nice enough to not say anything true about your comment....well i guess i won't say anything offenssive here neither.

krasnal

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2006, 05:04:53 pm »
Play beautiful, joga bonito etc ;]

AaaaaaaahhhHH!!!

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2006, 05:06:44 pm »
i really really want to believe that's true. let's all pray for the best for the reputations of soldat players everywhere.

Offline XYZ

• Soldier
  • Banned
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2006, 05:21:04 pm »
In war, you're supposed to NOT WANT TO DIE. So, to fix this:

Camping in the same spot with a Barret in normal = Incorrect
Camping in the same spot with a Barret in Survival = Correct.

It's called tactics.

AaaaaaaahhhHH!!!

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2006, 05:30:27 pm »
actually, let me try to re think that idea.

play soldat+using barrett+doing whatever the fuck you want as long as it's not against the rule

=

correct!

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2006, 05:34:17 pm »
dont spawn camp, dont flame (unless it's 100% deserved), try not to talk to much in game...the silent killer is more respected than the average chattrbox
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2006, 02:24:12 am »
Well, it depends what kind of camping. If it's camping on the same spot over and over and over again after being killed several times, and with the same gun (barret) all the time. I say yea, you shouldn't do that.

Why not? If you find a tactic that's effective against the enemy, then why would/should you stop? Anyone killed twice by the same camper should warn the team and choose weapons to take him out if no one else already has. Believe me, campers are annoying to die to since you never have a chance to retaliate until it's too late, but it's "legal," and it only takes the one death to be on the lookout for possible camping and adjust accordingly.

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2006, 03:24:48 am »
DONT be an arrogant ***wipe. If you kill someone for the first time dont say "lol i killed joo joo is noob lol lol lamo gai kkthxbai". The m79 is NOT a noobs weapon, it is a weapon just like everyother so if you cant take being killed by it just leave the server. And also...NEVER. EVER. USE THE NAME MAJOR. Or at least change your clothes. Majors are automatically assumed of being idiots.

Offline Lord Jaws

• Major(1)
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2006, 04:24:15 am »
Indeed, Majors are mostly assumed to be newbies....
And Camping isen't lame, just a tactic. Spawnkilling on the other hand is freakin stupid. Don't do that, Especially not at my server couse I ban you ;)

And I disagree that the silent killer is the most respected one. Just don't talk jibberish (spelling?)
MY Realistic Soldat Clan.: Coalition Europe
Shame it died. . .

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Soldier
  • Boomshakalack!
    • Real Soldat!
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2006, 04:52:36 am »
Why not? If you find a tactic that's effective against the enemy, then why would/should you stop?
Well, it depends what kind of camping. If it's camping on the same spot over and over and over again after being killed several times[/u]...

When you're camping on the same spot getting killed all the time, I don't think that's quite effective against the enemy. ;)

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2006, 12:06:23 pm »
this is just another topic for ppl to whine about "OmGzZZ!! no campinggftyft!!!"

Don't ask "asl"....

jesus christ dude, can't believe the here r nice enough to not say anything true about your comment....well i guess i won't say anything offenssive here neither.
You obviously need to work on the "Not being an ignorant prick" thing...
@ii

AaaaaaaahhhHH!!!

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2006, 12:53:37 pm »

Don't ask "asl"....

You obviously need to work on the "Not being an ignorant prick" thing...

oh i'm sry, you hook up with girls on soldat too? im' sry i wasn't aware of that, sorry if i offended any more nerds or fruitcakes...sry guys i'm a jerk.  :)

Offline Fraggy

• Soldier
  • Mecha 0_o
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2006, 01:26:46 pm »
CAMPING is ok.

SPAWNCAMPING is bad.

Clarify that.

no camping is not ok

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2006, 01:42:07 pm »
Camping is ok for some, bad for everybody else.

We get it already!

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline AdReNaLiNe_RuSh

• Major(1)
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2006, 07:33:54 am »
I really don't mind cussing, seeing as how everyone cusses outside of the game, so that's all well and good for me, but the cheating is definitely lame. Why would someone need to prove that they are "1337" just by hacking a game made by one guy? >.>' really doesn't make sense why someone can't just hack something else, or maybe not at all, as the CS hackers get annoying too. (Or WERE, before the VAC-system.  ;D

Camping; in my opinion, is all fair and just, because: A. It's a real-world tactic, *Cough* SNIPERS. *Cough* B. You can have some time to get a few kills, or in CTF or Infiltration, help out your team by obliterating some opposition.
"Spraying": See 'suppressive fire'. To all the retards that seem to love the saying "OMFG, u n00b, sprayzorzz!!!" Go to hell. Covering fire is also a real-world tactic, and if you can't get over a few measly rounds holding you down, don't play Soldat...

Offline kingkitty

• Soldier
  • Yes!
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2006, 08:23:43 am »
ya know camping is part of the game, some servers allow it, some servers dont.

Cursing is allowed in some servers, others it isnt.

I dont see that kind of stuff as a bad thing, but it all changes depending on the eye of the beholder.

I'm away.