Author Topic: flood kick issue  (Read 1383 times)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
flood kick issue
« on: September 24, 2006, 12:30:42 pm »
I didn't turn this into a vote because it's not something that people would have to vote on - it'd simply fix a problem in the game.
When holding ALT + 4 (shortcut key for /victory), the client's comp should only send the code if he can execute it.  That means if you're in the air there's no reason for your comp to try to tell the server to make him /victory.  Also, while you're doing /victory already or are proned on the floor then it also shouldn't do it.
In the past 2 weeks I have been flood-kicked (20 mins) three times for holding ALT + 4.
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
Re: flood kick issue
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 12:33:19 pm »
Well, why do you even hold down the key?

And also, it's the server that gets the last word in deciding whatever or not your client can do a special command like /victory.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 01:53:44 pm »
Well, why do you even hold down the key?
you only have to hold it down for 2 seconds and you get kicked.  it happens...

And also, it's the server that gets the last word in deciding whatever or not your client can do a special command like /victory.
That's what i'm saying.  instead of your comp sending ALT + 4 to the server the ENTIRE TIME, let your comp only send it when it knows that you can and thus the server should allow it.  That way it won't get flooded with the /victory command the entire time.
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 01:22:28 am »
That's what i'm saying. instead of your comp sending ALT + 4 to the server the ENTIRE TIME, let your comp only send it when it knows that you can and thus the server should allow it. That way it won't get flooded with the /victory command the entire time.
Well, that's not really what I meant. I mean that due to lag your client may think that it's able to do the /victory, whereas the server doesn't. So, this would be kind of a toughie to add since it would move the lag/no-lag decision over to the client in some ways instead of keeping at the server.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 01:45:46 am »
Dont hold down the key, the anti-command flood code isnt going to be removed.