Poll

Should I have banned him?

Yes, you should have banned him.
26 (83.9%)
No you shouldn't have banned him.
5 (16.1%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Banned for admittance?  (Read 2975 times)

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
Banned for admittance?
« on: September 25, 2006, 05:20:50 pm »
As you may or may not know, I am an admin of the U13 servers. Well, I recently was playing in U13 DM and a guy admitted to previously speedhacking in a U13 server, I told him that he admitted to hacking, and therefor I am banning him.
Was it wrong of me to ban him for admitting to hacking?
www.u13.net The admin code of conduct is on the U13 site.
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
Re: Banned for admittance?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 05:41:57 pm »
You're definately in the right on this one.

If someone admits to hacking on the u13 servers or even posessing hacks, I don't trust them at all.  In the case of the former, hacking once is grounds for a banning.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 06:44:55 pm »
Yeah I would ban em' for that too.

I banned 3 people in my servers today for admitting to hacking offline. If you ask me, online/offline makes no difference, you still download hacks; which deserves a ban.

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 07:03:03 pm »
If you ask me, online/offline makes no difference, you still download hacks; which deserves a ban.
Amen. I also just banned a guy from U13 INF for askimg me specifically where he can download a register crack.
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Joako

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 07:57:56 pm »
Heh, I was present when that happened.

Yeah, you did right.

Offline 13579

• Soldier
  • &Totse-13579
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 11:34:50 pm »

I banned 3 people in my servers today for admitting to hacking offline. If you ask me, online/offline makes no difference, you still download hacks; which deserves a ban.

IMO, you fail.

Offline you are playing aginst stupid bots, not people.

And some hacks are MADE to only work offline, like the one I have.

Bots have strange reactions to things :)

But hacking online...thats just pointless.

"w00, look at me, i'm hideing the flag outside the map and noone can kick me, w00000!". GAY .

Offline 13579

• Soldier
  • &Totse-13579
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 12:26:24 am »
Who are you?

....now how do I answer that?

I am me!

Offline Yukwunhang

• Major
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 03:52:58 am »
It shows that you do not give a shit about a game and give no respect to the creator(s) when you hack or try to hack it, which deserves a ban.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 10:33:58 am »
Hacking offline is still hacking, and you're not supposed do anything to alter the state or functionality of your Soldat client except for modding the interface and whatnot. 

Hacking offline is still you not caring about the game, despite how you try to spin it and what you try to say. 

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 02:52:48 pm »

And some hacks are MADE to only work offline, like the one I have.
If it were up to me, that alone would give you a 3 day ban from the forums at the minimum. This whole topic was created because I banned somone from U13 because he admitted to hacking, which you just did, offline or not.

Offline Requiem-

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 03:18:35 pm »
FLAB, you say you shouldn't "alter the game". If you take it strictly, people are not allowed to change the weapons.ini , for example. Although I share your opinion on the matter of hacking. As Michal says, go hack something big like EA or something.
For all you hackers out there: fu.

EDIT: I can't read decently anymore.

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 03:34:13 pm »
That's not what he meant by altering the game in the first place. "weapons.ini" is a file meant to be altered.

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 03:46:18 pm »
I still want to see global admins. People with a special reg key or hidden dynamic password that can admin all servers.

Offline Chameleon

• Major
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2006, 06:18:37 pm »
seth, i think you did the right thing when you banned him. he admitted to doing something wrong, and should have to face the consequence. however since he did admit to it, maybe the punishment shouldnt be AS severe as it would to someone that was actually caught hacking.

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 06:51:00 pm »
Well, I mean, what else can I do? I'm only an admin of the U13 servers and nothing more. I permanently banned him from that already, as far as anything more goes, it's out of my hands. As for him on these forums, he told me he did not have a forum account, but if he ever makes one it's completely up to the moderators and admins to take it from there. I did what I needed and nothing more. As far as I know FliesLikeABrick has banned him from the #soldat.forums IRC channel and has not unbanned him. I myself would have done the same thing, and am glad he did it because the guy was constantly spamming me with pm's asking why he was banned and whatnot. Ignoring works like a charm though.  :)

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2006, 03:11:39 pm »
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?action=help

Read the rules.  I've deleted the last two questionable posts, technically those users should be at least temporarily banned from the forums.

Hacks are not allowed to be used anywhere in the game, offline or otherwise.  Thread locked.