Author Topic: New weapon: Boomerang/disarming weapon  (Read 8678 times)

Offline DeathPickle

• Major(1)
New weapon: Boomerang/disarming weapon
« on: June 13, 2006, 11:20:37 pm »
Wouldnt it be awesome if there was a secondary weapon that disarmed your oppenents?

I was thinking of something like a boomerang(or some object) that is thrown and causes the other player to drop their weapon, giving you time to move in and make the kill. The weapon would do little or no damage to your opponent.

The "Boomerang" would not come back, but like the knife you would be able to pick it up and use it again.  It would probably have a similar trajectory path to the knife or a grenade.

The boomerang would have a higher % chance of disarming an oppenent for light weapons like
Desert Eagles, Knife, HK MP5, USSOCOM and chainsaw and a lower chance to disarm the heavier weapons. (IE Law, M79).  ;D

OR MAYBE their could be a exteremely small probability of causing a grenade to explode on your opponent.

This may add a different aspect to the game, changing the tactics of players and it could even be a different way of taking the flag of your opponent in a CTF game. (maybe this could be worth one kill, and you could then kill the player, giving you 2 kills from one player).

Meh, its an idea, feel free to build on it, change it or critisise it.  :-\

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
Re: New weapon: Boomerang/disarming weapon
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 11:35:11 pm »
I dont like the Suggestion

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 01:08:21 am »
The boomerang does not sound like a worthy implementation.  Does not sound fun imo.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline DeathPickle

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 01:39:13 am »
Hmm if you say so. I just think there needs to be more ways of killing, other than direct shooting the crap out of each other. Make the game more tactical. (i was gonna say "tacticious" but i dont think its a word...)

It would put even more skill into the game.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 01:42:21 am by DeathPickle »

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 02:11:54 am »
I always dreamed of soldat being tactical, with more weapons and such, but if you want tactical, then play realistic. you can sneak up on your opponents (if they are stupid enuff to stand there) and stab/saw/nade/snipe/punch them...good realistic bot matches ^_^
Just another soul to burn.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 04:38:52 am »
in real life a bommerang would just hurt, and not disarm somone....plus, it's a freaking boomerang.it shouldnt be able to do anything Vs. a real gun
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 04:50:45 am »
1) They've stated before that the weapons will not change.
2) Why use a boomerang to disarm when you can just use the knife to kill them?
3) Why wouldn't the boomerang not return? If it doesn't, then it's just not a boomerang, is it?  ;) The way you describe it, it sounds just like a non-killing knife, which is useless compared to what's already available.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 04:55:29 am »
3) Why wouldn't the boomerang not return? If it doesn't, then it's just not a boomerang, is it? ;)

that, my friend, is a stick lol
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline DeathPickle

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 05:16:06 am »
hahaha, couldnt have put it more plainly. You sound a bit angry EnEsCe, cat got your tongue?  :P

Offline KamikazeCow

• Major(1)
  • Please don't feed the communists.
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 09:31:26 am »
Nah.

AaaaaaaahhhHH!!!

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 11:24:55 am »

yea why?

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 12:21:08 pm »
in real life a bommerang would just hurt, and not disarm somone....plus, it's a freaking boomerang.it shouldnt be able to do anything Vs. a real gun

Ever seen Road warrior, that feral kid had quite a nasty bumerang of metal with sharp edges, he used a baseball glove to catch it again tho!

He sliced of the fingers of one fella (disarming...) and nailed it across the forehead of another....

Offline Fraggy

• Soldier
  • Mecha 0_o
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 02:59:17 pm »
omg?? this is not a very good suggestion.. btw u can already disarm you oponent by punching him..
but how fast do u actually think it shoudl go? i think you'd be dead  before you have even thrown it..

AaaaaaaahhhHH!!!

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2006, 03:17:59 pm »

yea why?

WHY WHY WHY WHY????

Offline Meandor

• Major(1)
  • King Duck of the Biscuits
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2006, 05:27:22 pm »
You can use the WM to make a weapon able to disarm and/or damage. Just set bullet type to fists. Just, it won't come back.

AaaaaaaahhhHH!!!

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 05:45:41 pm »

yea why?

WHY WHY WHY WHY????

ok...seriously, this is horrible idea.
from what i understand, this new wep would be used exactly  like the knife...throw, hold down..range..arc.
so what's the point of disarming them and risk the chance for them to pick the weapon back up than just kill them?????

however..i do have one suggestion. make the weapon be able to reload or more ammo. so at least you can either choose to use 1 chance killing knife, or 3 disarming bomberangs. or better yet, if possible, a 1 time throwing weapon that can return to you.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 01:11:32 pm by AaaaaaaahhhHH!!! »

Offline DeathPickle

• Major(1)
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2006, 01:13:27 am »
lol, sorry if you dont like it. It looked good in my dream.... At least you know what you dont want.

oh yeah, whats the point of the boomerang returning to you if its only going to be thrown once?

Well maybe some sort of other throwing/melee weapon? Their just needs to be some different kind of weapon, something that stands out from the rest.

I remember from the game Worms 2/Armageddon you could dig tunnels and stuff with a jack hammer.
Dunno if it would work for soldat though.....hmm maybe      EDIT* Actually no.....

Maybe a new type of grenade, maybe that slows your opponents for a second or so? or disables your opponents weapons for a very short time? It would be best for a bonus, because frequent use of something like that would be annoying.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 01:19:50 am by DeathPickle »

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 03:52:26 am »
Well maybe some sort of other throwing/melee weapon? Their just needs to be some different kind of weapon, something that stands out from the rest.

There's currently fists, knife, chainsaw, flamethrower (sorta), grenades, cluster grenades, and the Rambo bow. Any other projectile would be redundant or out classed by an existing weapon. Then again, we have all the auto variations, so who knows.

AaaaaaaahhhHH!!!

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 01:10:57 pm »
omg do you not understand logic????

what's the point of using a weapon with the same ammo, same arc, same speed, same everything, even the same holding down throwing controls as the knife just to disarm the opponant, when you can just use knife to kill them!!!!

there's no advantages of this weapon over the knife!!! it's not like this is easier to be thrown, longer distance...then it'd be a good idea.

but to make it identical to knife except it can't kill but disarm, that's just useless.....

you have to make some atribute stand out