Author Topic: Request - "Soldat-tv"  (Read 4349 times)

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
Request - "Soldat-tv"
« on: September 26, 2006, 09:39:15 am »
I saw it in ESA, but I dont need anything else from it. Could it be possible to make program, which only shows the server in "tv"-screen. Maybe only with servers adminpass.

Offline ramirez

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Camper
    • Soldat Central
Re: Request - "Soldat-tv"
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 10:08:55 am »
If you don't need anything else from it, just don't use the other features.
Request granted.

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 01:50:48 pm »
I asked rainrider about this, he said he might might SolTV fullscreenable, with some more detail in it (who has which flag, where all the kits are, etc.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 03:09:56 pm »
And this is highly exploitable.

More detail, just as the same as going to spectator mode on server, except that no one knows that someone is spectating. Viva la ghosting. o/
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 04:26:05 pm »
And this is highly exploitable.
ESA requires the adminpass.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Denacke

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Soldier
  • Cake!
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 04:30:39 am »
That's not what he meant charles.

There's a whole clan community around soldat and they regularly have clanwars, it is handy to know where the opponents players are.

If this is possible without even being in the game, then we're fucked :). But in ESA I believe that it is said when someone is using the sol-tv mode, so this shouldn't really be a problem.

Offline pinOi32

• Camper
  • "Bravo kid's bad day"
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 04:02:21 pm »
umm...what is Soldat tv?
Pls use my amazing interface:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=27584

I WIN!!

WHY MY KARMA SUCK??

Offline HEX

• Major
  • =tNt=
    • SoldatX Brazilian Community
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 06:52:29 pm »
A detailed Soldat TV will lag the server because it'll be the same thing than a spectator, but will be useful when dozens of people want to watch the "final tournment game" etc.

Like Clawbug said, it'll be highly exploitable, but my suggestion is to make some kind of authorization from the admin and the "listeners" of the SolTV would appear in a list just like TeamSpeak.

Example:
Admin creates an account for person X, then X join in the SolTV and his nickname appears in a list that will show everybody  watching the game.
People that don't have a LogIn can see who is watching the game, but can't watch.

I think to make it possible, somebody must be the "hoster" of the TV. I mean, someone that will get all people logged in and create a list of users, show the list, etc.

Is it impossible/hard to do?
(I hope you understand what I am trying to say)

Offline Vv00t-SN

• Camper
  • I aim to please!
    • fuck you skoskav & everyone else fucking with my profile all the time.
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 03:44:27 pm »
ESA is abuse-proof as far as I can tell. MisterX and me pushed for it to announce when its in use etc ;)

either this kid has a lightbulb up his butt, or his colon has a great idea.
Soldat Quote DB: http://qdb.soldatgather.com/

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 11:49:30 am »
ESA is abuse-proof as far as I can tell. MisterX and me pushed for it to announce when its in use etc ;)
And source code is released. How long will it take for someone who knows C++ to rip off the Sol-TV code? I say, less than 15 minutes. :|
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Frenchie

• Camper
  • SoldatHQ
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 04:08:27 pm »
And source code is released. How long will it take for someone who knows C++ to rip off the Sol-TV code? I say, less than 15 minutes. :|

Wow never thought of that, I better go finish learning C++ so I can check out the source code.
Soldat Lobby Avec Players -New Release! - Updated AGAIN!

Offline Nwep

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006, 11:21:06 pm »
How about having the 'Soldat-TV' viewable without having an admin pass? If it had a seperate host to the server, then it wouldn't lag the server at all.

As for being 'exploitable', how about delaying the TV by 30 seconds or so, so if anyone was watching it wouldn't be relevant?

Cheers.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 05:48:58 pm »
How about having the 'Soldat-TV' viewable without having an admin pass? If it had a seperate host to the server, then it wouldn't lag the server at all.

As for being 'exploitable', how about delaying the TV by 30 seconds or so, so if anyone was watching it wouldn't be relevant?

Cheers.
There should be server-side option to allow SolTV or not. I have O clue how this could be done.. :|
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline ramirez

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Camper
    • Soldat Central
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 09:55:27 pm »
RedNinja- and I have talked about this before. The best solution would be to have player/etc. positions  delayed server-side in the REFRESHX message. That way there's no way to exploit it.