Author Topic: M79 delay  (Read 2741 times)

ArmedManiac

M79 delay
« on: September 26, 2006, 03:47:29 pm »
i know im gonna get shot down for this but here me out.(i also dont know if this has been suggested before) for the barret and law, u have to hold the mouse for a few seconds for it to fire, so y not the m79. its also a 1 hit kill gun, and it has a big splash. even the knife throw has a small delay, and grenades. i realize every likes the m79 and this would ruin it blah blah blah, but i thought it ruined the barret too until i realized it brought down noob barret spam. post thoughts, but be gentle :D

Offline PeteBone

• Soldier
  • Son of a b*tch!
Re: M79 delay
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 03:50:20 pm »
i think MM put start up time beacause its real, barret is to use prone position and press very slowly at the "weapon buton" like law, m79 is a grenade launcher, i think is good without start up time

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 03:50:47 pm »
I agree.  Nades have no delay, btw.

A while back I would have said no, but the barret and m79 are as popular (and as spammed) as ever.  It's getting annoying to play in certain servers because everyone on both teams has either a barret or an m79.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline PeteBone

• Soldier
  • Son of a b*tch!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 03:51:28 pm »
anyway, this is the wrong forum to discuss this, go to this one "Weapon Balance Discussion"

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 03:54:59 pm »
While my general hatred of the m79 has subsided to a mild dislike, I always thought this would be a good idea. It happened to the barret... people adjusted to it. It happened to the knife, people adjusted to it. Why not the m79 too? The same thing will happen... people will complain at first, then we'll all get used to it, and it'll encourage newcomers to try out different weapons more.

Plus, it'll end the debate about whether the m79 is a noob weapon or not ;D so we could all stop going on about it.

btw...

even the knife throw has a small large delay

Fixed. Winding up that throwing arm takes forever. ;)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 03:56:33 pm by -Vis- »

ArmedManiac

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 03:58:45 pm »
i think MM put start up time beacause its real, barret is to use prone position and press very slowly at the "weapon buton" like law, m79 is a grenade launcher, i think is good without start up time
m79 is a GRENADE LAUNCHER, granted, u can fire standing up, but it has some kick to it.
also, nades, u gotta pull pin and throw(ingame) and it takes a few seconds

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 04:11:38 pm »
yeah, many poeple have argued that the M79 should only be used for long range weapon and thus rly doesn't need delay.  But in reality long distances are shots that are PREDICTED and if you can PREDICT a shot (just like w/ barret (though barret needs even less predicting time since it's not as projectile-based as M79 (if at all)) - thus M79 should get delay because it rly shouldn't be used in sudden short-range distances - for that u have the spas.  In fact, adding delay would even decrease the amount of M79 wh***s and increase spas's popularity.
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline PeteBone

• Soldier
  • Son of a b*tch!
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 04:16:12 pm »
dude, i just think m79 is fine

Joako

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 05:59:38 pm »
Toning down M79 should not be done with delay.

It should be done by greatly enlarging the splash, and making self damage 100%.

Simple as that.

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 06:03:16 pm »
No, this wouldn't solve the "problem".
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline Death MachineX350

• Camper
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 06:09:31 pm »
Look at the amount of nOObs that use the Barrett. Delay won't matter much.

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 07:55:45 pm »

every M79 user has said this...and you all are wrong. I was playing the U13 server the other day...and EVERY man and his dog had an M79. look at the stats in U13....M79 is #1 most used weapon....its a joke! In R/S M79 is used much less, and therefore its really no problem...but a small delay (say 3 seconds...for reload and aim..) wouldn't hurt. The people will complain, as somebody said before....but just like with the LAW, Knife and Barret...they will get over it! Whis should now encourage newbies to use the Minigun more often.... <3 lag  :D

FAKE EDIT: Self Damage is also a great idea...and I reckon a little more bink should also help. DeathMachine is right though....some newbies are turning to barret...but all has been done fore Mr. Barret....nothing more can be done imo...(and no..I don't use M79 or Barret...I only use M79 when I'm pissed off with the noobs who use it...I'm strictly a Steyr/AK /Mp5 and Law user)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 07:59:51 pm by The Bone Collector »
Just another soul to burn.

Joako

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 08:07:43 pm »

every M79 user has said this...and you all are wrong. I was playing the U13 server the other day...and EVERY man and his dog had an M79. look at the stats in U13....M79 is #1 most used weapon....its a joke! In R/S M79 is used much less, and therefore its really no problem...but a small delay (say 3 seconds...for reload and aim..) wouldn't hurt. The people will complain, as somebody said before....but just like with the LAW, Knife and Barret...they will get over it! Whis should now encourage newbies to use the Minigun more often.... <3 lag  :D

FAKE EDIT: Self Damage is also a great idea...and I reckon a little more bink should also help. DeathMachine is right though....some newbies are turning to barret...but all has been done fore Mr. Barret....nothing more can be done imo...(and no..I don't use M79 or Barret...I only use M79 when I'm pissed off with the noobs who use it...I'm strictly a Steyr/AK /Mp5 and Law user)

I <3 you and your opinion.

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 11:30:20 pm »
Can't we leave just 1 one hit kill weapon without a delay?