Author Topic: demo playing  (Read 908 times)

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
demo playing
« on: October 01, 2006, 11:28:37 pm »
is there any way to convert a soldat demo file to it can be played with media player or VLC etc? or is there a program that will play them. i allready know you can play them within soldat but i need to demo as a media file.
reply would be appreciated xD

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
Re: demo playing
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 11:34:07 pm »
I think there might be a sticky or common topic I should link you to. You might even want to check the FAQ. This is a very common question.

Simply Put.... Only soldat can play soldat demos. You have to record soldat with a screen capture program then convert it to a video format. I wish I could tell you a good one to go with but I haven't found one that will work on my 64x system. Someone else should be able to recommend one.

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 11:55:34 am »
That's not the only way. By running the soldat executable with certain arguments you can choose to extract each frame of the demo into a bmp. This bitmaps can then be put together with any bmp to avi converter. Read the manual for more info.

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 12:18:03 pm »
That's not the only way. By running the soldat executable with certain arguments you can choose to extract each frame of the demo into a bmp. This bitmaps can then be put together with any bmp to avi converter. Read the manual for more info.

^ oops, forgot about that.