Author Topic: After thoughts about M79  (Read 7211 times)

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
After thoughts about M79
« on: June 14, 2006, 04:54:21 am »
Ok, to start this off, i am not suggesting this be done, i am just pulling together some thoughts i have thunk from viewing other posts.  Ok, first of all, i have noticed alot of people wanting to add delay to the m79 in an attempt to "balance" it. Now what im thinking, wouldnt adding delay to the m79 nearly make it identical to the combat knife throw? they seem to have similar range and trajectory. So wouldnt that be creating 2 identical one hit weapons? i dunno, i could be crazy cause it's about 6:00AM, and i havent been to sleep yet(i didnt want to miss the morning world cup games due to sleeping).  So i would like to hear some thoughts. Do you agree? disagree?
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

5th_account

Re: After thoughts about M79
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 07:13:08 am »
Trust me, I'll resign before I add a delay on the M79. There has to be some variations in the game where there's at least one 1-hit killer that doesn't have a delay. The current solution is to increase the damage to prevent the survival of kamikazes, along with slightly decreased speed to make bullets easier to dodge.

Who makes those fancy sigs? And how can I contact him? :)

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 10:24:35 am »
The current solution is to increase the damage to prevent the survival of kamikazes, along with slightly decreased speed to make bullets easier to dodge.

Bad ideas. Increasing the damage will increase the power of boosting, not what we want. Decreased speed will change the trajectory of m79 once again, which is bad for those people who have used m79 forever and would have to relearn it. Not saying that decrease speed is a bad solution but there is a better one

I might have started sounding like a broken record-player like 2 months ago, but here it goes again... Increase reload by .5 -> 1 second to reward players who have good enough accuracy to hit on their first attempt while hurting those who rely on thier second.

I would however agree with the speed reduction if the solution to autos is not the increased reload, because if it is, m79 becomes way overpowered with just a speed reduction. I seriously hope the beta testers convince Michal to implement a system inside soldat which reduces damage off-screen rather than relying on the limited options of the weapons editor to reduce the effectiveness of spray.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 10:29:04 am by Poop »
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

5th_account

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 11:17:43 am »
Increasing damage will NOT increase boosting efficiency. On the contrary you'll end up with slightly less health after a boost.

The speed decrease is so miniscule (less than 5%) that the trajectory doesn't really change. Even though, last time the speed was changed (1.2.1 -> 1.3) I'm not sure people even noticed!

I'm leaning towards slighty longer reload too though.

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 11:20:24 am »
Increasing damage will NOT increase boosting efficiency. On the contrary you'll end up with slightly less health after a boost.

Good boosters will always boost with no health decrease. Increase in damage would make boosting better since you would go faster and further with the boost.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

AaaaaaaahhhHH!!!

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 11:32:02 am »
he's nto talking about boots in the first place fuckface, he said to incrase damage to increase self damage to those suicide bombers when they just charge at you as a melee weapon and blow up.

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 11:37:44 am »
he's nto talking about boots in the first place ****face, he said to incrase damage to increase self damage to those suicide bombers when they just charge at you as a melee weapon and blow up.

Is your vagina bleeding? Calm the hell down and read my post before posting stupidity.

If you read my post, I said that increasing damage would increase the effectiveness of boosting, which is not something we want. I never said he was wrong that it would increase self-damage on kamikazees.

So next time, read first, understand second, post third. Youll save yourself the embarrasment of looking like an idiot.
-Albert Einstien

5th_account

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 11:42:36 am »
I just told you increasing damage has no effect whatsoever. You can test this yourself if you don't believe me.
And boosting always takes away health. The times it doesn't, it's an "unregistered hit"-bug.

Ok now I wanna insult someone too!! Poop stop hanging out with vets plx! :Q

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 11:54:51 am »
Mm I just tested it. Turns out your right, thats interesting, since I remember increasing damage of spas or some other weapons makes the boost more powerful. Or was that fire interval, oh well :0. I also remember when beta testers decreased damage a couple versions ago explaning it makes boosting weaker.

Anyhow, about the boosting with no damage thing, its easily possible. And I dont think you can have a "unregistered-hit" bug on yourself, I even tried it in my server and was able to boost 50% of the time taking no damage. I think it just depends on the distance you are from the ground.

The speed decrease is so miniscule (less than 5%) that the trajectory doesn't really change.

Well if you cant even notice a trajectory change than I doubt it will make much of a difference in terms of dodging more. But I may be wrong, only way to prove anything either way is to test it out in clanwars.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 11:56:43 am by Poop »
-Albert Einstien

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 01:50:34 pm »
Who makes those fancy sigs? And how can I contact him? :)

on the old forums, krillius had a post with his userbars in it....you can check, as fasr as i know it's not on the new forums.
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

AaaaaaaahhhHH!!!

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 03:23:02 pm »
oh look, look who's wrong.....who got the pussy sickness now huh?? HUH??

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 08:13:50 pm »

Yes I was wrong about increase in boosting effectiveness, admit that already. That doesnt mean your post wasnt full of stupidity.

Just proves you didnt read my last post either, since being wrong about increase in boost had nothing to do with what I said to you. Take my advice... it will help you. As far as pussy sickness, its hard to say you dont have it after looking at your last 2 posts. Either that or your just a 13 year old having one of thier mood-swings at the start of puberty.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 08:16:14 pm by Poop »
-Albert Einstien

5th_account

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 08:45:46 pm »
I think it just depends on the distance you are from the ground.

Wow, really? xD
I'm sure it's due to the bug that people don't substain damage. Even if I'm wrong, it should be fixed cause it would be a bug to get boosted without health loss..

AaaaaaaahhhHH!!!

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 09:19:50 pm »
Just proves you didnt read my last post either, since being wrong about increase in boost had nothing to do with what I said to you.

oh so you are wrong in the first place huh...because my post is all about increase in boost....and if you didn't talk about that in the first place...you really are ****ed up with woman **** lol

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 05:45:12 am »
What has the world come to when I have to explain to people what they themselves said. Sigh, little kids like you make me sad sometimes.

Lets move back a little:

1. Skoskav says increase damage to decrease effectivness of kamikazees
2. I say bad idea because it would increase effectiveness of boost
3. You say skoskav didnt say anything about increasing effectiveness of boost
4. No shit, I explain to you how that is the point. The increase of effectiveness was brought up as a counterargument against increasing damage, this had nothing to do with the reasons skoskav used.
5. Me and skoskav have a discussion and the conclusion is made that increasing damage actually doesnt increase boost
6. You come back with another one of your 90 IQ posts, stating that I was wrong about increase of boost, but this had nothing with what you said in the previous post. What you apparently thought in your first post was that I said skoskav was wrong in terms of not increasing self-damage, which if you look back, you will notice I never said.

Comprende? Or do I have to dumb it down some more?

you really are ****ed up with woman **** lol

Omgz like lolz ju r n00b and you sux in da soldat omgfs you are ****face Lolol. Sigh... idiot.
-Albert Einstien

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 05:50:12 am »
Poop, ignore him.

AaaaaaaahhhHH!!!, you are now officially warned. Keep up this kind of behaviour and you'll be the first one on the new forums who gets banned by the warning system.

And yes, the damage inflicted on you on boosting does depend on the distance from the explosion ( as the outer regions of splash damage do less harm than those near the centre ). If you want to weaken boosting this way, severely increase M79's damage: that will also make splash-kills more effective.