Poll

How should grenades be toned down?

Decrease the range
Decrease damage
Add bink
Add movementacc
Other
They're fine the way they are

Author Topic: Grenades  (Read 6990 times)

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
Grenades
« on: June 14, 2006, 08:38:18 am »
Recently, people have been complaining about nade power, most likely because of the nerfing of almost every primary weapon. I know decreasing nade power would just be nerfing et another weapon, but I seriously doubt Michal is going to ever increase a weapon's power. Personally, I think adding bink would work marvelously, but movementacc would work just as well.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

5th_account

Re: Grenades
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 08:47:29 am »
Nades are alright as long at their amount doesn't go above 3. Otherwise you can spam right after spawn.

Offline Serial K!ller

• Camper
    • Soldat Mods Archive
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 08:49:30 am »
I would like to see an delay between the grenades you can throw.
Also an option to disable the grenade kits (you start with max grenades set) so you will have to use your grenades more tactical instead of just spamming them because you can pick a box of grenades easily.

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 10:42:27 am »
Also an option to disable the grenade kits (you start with max grenades set) so you will have to use your grenades more tactical instead of just spamming them because you can pick a box of grenades easily.

I agree with this and make them effective for everyone to use, so many times these things dont register.

Offline swebonny

• Camper
  • BUahh...
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 09:05:50 pm »
NOooo i want them just like they are...no more changes on thoose weapons anymore.. HARGHhh!!

Offline DaArbalest

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 09:16:41 pm »
Well, I think we should give nades a slight start up to stop spamming.  What about adding a little animation of the soldier biting the safety pin off before throwing the nade?

AaaaaaaahhhHH!!!

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 09:17:57 pm »
omg guys, you guys are constantly thinking of a way to make weapons weaker....

when will this end????

Offline GNU

• Major
    • Australian Soldat Community
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 09:27:01 pm »

This is probably the best solution.

If the damage was decreased or bink added it would just make 2v1 situations even more difficult since it takes away that element of the 'quick kill'   Whereas a slight increase in fire interval will reduce spamming and make 'every nade count' so to speak.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 09:31:59 pm »
i think they are good as is. The disable the grenade pack would greatly drop usage, and that would be a help, but the nade itself doesnt need to be changed imo.
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline John The Engineer

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 10:16:49 pm »
Well, I think we should give nades a slight start up to stop spamming. What about adding a little animation of the soldier biting the safety pin off before throwing the nade?

Err, there already is a slight start up time when you throw grenades.

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 02:24:07 am »
Yes. They're fine the only problem is the ammount servers allow each player to have, i beleive the perfect nade max is 1 - 2 per player and minimal nade pickups

Offline Lightning

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 12:53:41 pm »
voted: 'They're fine the way they are'
nothing wrong with it.
i dont see why people always want to change everything.

less powerfull socom, change nades, more power to ruger, more delay to m79...why all?
soldat is fine, of course it can use improvements, but not the things you all suggest.
but, after all, just my opinion.

about the nades:
they are fine :)
if there are not to much, and i mean the amout which u can carry, its no prob.

Offline Yuth

• Major(1)
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 03:01:38 pm »
They are not fine. Grenades shouldn't explode on impact unless they are mashed real hard to something. I find it real annoying, and I want this to be changed. I voted for "Other" cause I believe the nades need something else than the options we already have implemented into Soldat. They really need to be changed somehow.  :(

EDIT:

omg guys, you guys are constantly thinking of a way to make weapons weaker....

when will this end????

Not weaker, but improved.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 03:04:49 pm by Yuth »

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 10:56:35 pm »
i think they're swell the way they are. yes no kits would make those stupid spammers angry haha... if anything is changed, change speed through air so they go slightyly faster, and maybe decrease damage very slightly. but yeah, im just picky. nevermind me.
BOTTOM LINE:
The nades are perfect the way they are.

Offline Rooster

• Major(1)
    • The Australian soldat community.
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2006, 01:15:15 pm »
Someone nails me with a single grenade "Nice nade!"
Someone nails me with 3 nades " ......... "

Seriously, making a timelimit between throws would get rid of those people who just hammer the grenade button and those who use their brain to judge the grenade throw to give you that advantage over the people who haven't learnt how to use them yet.

Offline Bugs Revenge

• Camper
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2006, 12:36:04 am »
They'r just fine, let them be. :D