Soldat Talk > General Discussions

Skill.

(1/6) > >>

AerialAssault:
I was playing a game of soldat last night, whenone thing that particularly aggrivates me occured. Someone said that the weapon I was using was a "noob gun". Why was it a "noob gun" you might ask? Well, the accuser told me "because it doesnt take any skill". I thought to myself, "surely it must, if I am not capable of winning every single firefight then it must require some degree of skill."

Thats when it hit me. I finally understand what skill really is. Skill has nothing to do with how easy/difficult a weapon is to use. To be skillfull and professional is to always know what tools to use to come out on top in any given scenario. Balance should only mean that one single weapon is never powerful outside of its own "best" scenario. Barret's, Rugers, AUGS, and AKs willl always be the best choices for large, open maps. Shotguns, MP5s, miniguns (seriously), and desert eagles will always be the best in close quarters maps. Maps with lots of obstacles and hills and such will always favor weapons like the deagles, m79, and other autos.

I believe using a certain weapon "out-of-context" is what really makes it a "noob weapon" because you are the noob using a not-so-effective-weapon-in-this-situation.

It is your ability to always choose the best weapons for whatever challenge you are presented with that really makes you skillfull, not your ability to use one weapon well in any situation.

Twistkill:
That's very true. I was in a game and someone called me a sprayer for using the MP5. In another game, another guy said it was a noob weapon because it fires fast. :| I use the MP5 all the time, and I occassionally use the Ak-47. I am definately not a noob player, and I'm not trying to sound smug here.

echo_trail:
I totally agree. Well, ofcourse you can be more skilled with some weapons than others, but I'm on your side about it being the decisions you make with and throughout the map that decides who's skillfull and who's not.

Great definition, mate.

Flying Dutchman:
That's the truthest thing I've heard today. Every map has its own effective weapons. Like on Nuubia and Kampf I like to use the spas, but on Run I mainly use the Steyr or Ruger.
When people complain about people using "noob guns" they just can't take it they've been beaten.

CheeSeMan.:
amen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version