Author Topic: button to extend scope  (Read 1579 times)

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
button to extend scope
« on: May 26, 2007, 09:48:11 pm »
While using the barrett, I have often found myself fumbling with the scope, having to crouch, the extend the mouse, then extend it a little further to have the scope actually come out.

Instead of that fumbling, how about using a key, maybe shift, ctrl, or tab (so that it doesn't interfere with taunts).

This would make the scope much more accessible.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
Re: button to extend scope
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 09:55:37 pm »
I don't really have problems with the scope. If there was a option to change if I want touse mouse to scope, or a button, I would support.

But if it was either mouse ot button, i'd say no.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 10:00:24 pm »
Theres no reason it couldn't be an option, that would make it better, definitely.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 10:15:09 pm »
I would like it, sometimes I have to stand up and lay back down after picking up a weapon/reloading because the scope doesn't activate.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 10:24:18 pm »
Same, thats why I thought of this.

Offline fishfood

• Major
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 12:58:03 am »
Great idea!

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 12:59:51 am »
I would like it, sometimes I have to stand up and lay back down after picking up a weapon/reloading because the scope doesn't activate.
I encounter the same problem but I don't think it's detrimental enough to warrant an entirely new key just to activate.

I mean, if you are trying to go prone to gain the distance, then obviously your enemy must be very far off. If the Barrett glitches and you have to stand up and prone again, there's still plenty of time to nail a shot from off-screen, unless the enemy is Minigun-surfing or otherwise rushing towards you somehow insanely rapidly. This is a convenience, but I'd rather see other conveniences mentioned implemented over this first—it's not that important.

Offline Magic Odd Effect

• Camper
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 03:39:30 pm »
I support as an option.

I'm sometimes a sniper in TW (pretty good, too), and this bug happens a lot. And when you're fighting against a spraying enemy, you do not want to get binked when the perfect shot is up. It's happened to me a few times against other snipers, too.

Don't say that you're Magic. Because you aren't, and I am.
All-around good with weapons that aren't long range, except in TW.
Now be careful out there, soldier.
Best Newbie in the May 2007 Soldatforums Member Awards!

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 04:27:50 pm »
Not really needed; if the real problem is having to get up and prone again then just fix whatever makes you have to, instead of adding a button to bypass it.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Grimreck

• Major
  • The RYNO is back: be smart! Be afraid!!
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 01:56:24 am »
Full support. I know what you mean. I hate it when the scope doesn't come out and you have keep pressing the edge of the screen with the sight. I also think it would also be a good idea if the scope didn't retract after you fired. this is the only game (i think) that does that

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 02:01:33 am »
Slightly branching off:
Maybe make it so that you can zoom in whenever? Like even when its reloading and stuff? More realistic and will make the ret more useful (not really needed) and kinda just get rid of this whole prollem.

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 05:12:35 am »
As an option, I support.

What iDante said was right, it's really not that much of a problem that it deserves a new key.
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 05:15:04 am »
I encounter the same problem but I don't think it's detrimental enough to warrant an entirely new key just to activate.

I mean, if you are trying to go prone to gain the distance, then obviously your enemy must be very far off. If the Barrett glitches and you have to stand up and prone again, there's still plenty of time to nail a shot from off-screen, unless the enemy is Minigun-surfing or otherwise rushing towards you somehow insanely rapidly. This is a convenience, but I'd rather see other conveniences mentioned implemented over this first—it's not that important.

Think about on snakebite, the first sniper down and proned will get the shot off first, and then probably not die. I have loads of standing up and reproning issues on that level, it usually results in me getting killed.