Author Topic: my idea...  (Read 3750 times)

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
my idea...
« on: June 14, 2006, 10:04:51 am »
a similar idea was posted in the old forums, and I think it would be a great idea....
Make an extra option, where you have limited ammo, you should be able to select it like every other game option (Realistic Mode...Adnaced...blah blah).

For instance:
The amount of ammo you could have for each weapon you carry would be something like this:

Deagles: 4 clips
Mp5: 2/3 clips
AK:4 clips
Steyr: 4 Clips
Ruger: 2 Clips
M79: Same as your carried nades (this could also have its own type of ammo..therefore 4 grenades)
Barret: 1 Clip
Minimi: 2 Clips
Minigun: 1 Clip

This would help with the weapon balance a heap (as M79 is over useed...andso is the Mp5..) You Could have ammo boxes (like nade and health boxes, or the nade boxes could be ammo boxes as well). Also, when you drop a weapon when your out of ammo (and no ammo boxes are around) the only ammo you will have, is the ammo that was left with what ever gun you pickup.

Discuss:
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
Re: my idea...
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 11:14:24 am »
Neato.  People would think twice before they start spraying with this enabled.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

AaaaaaaahhhHH!!!

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 11:23:05 am »
some of your clip sizes need serious adjustments
ruger with 2 clip? are you ****ing ****ass-ed or something...it takes 3 shots to the upperbody to kill anyone, and two shots in the head. besides i don't wanna go to war with 8 bullets.
and minigun with 1 cilp? have you tried to use minigun before? it's sucky already.
but anyway....

anyway, no this is useless idea, if not a horrible idea. most people die after their 3rd or forth clip anyway, so this is just additional work for MM, even though i don't care about how much work he does frankly...at least he could use the time to do better improvements.

even if a player managed to survive after the forth clip, he should have about 4 kills or so. 4 kills per death is godly good....no this is useless.

This would help with the weapon balance a heap (as M79 is over useed...andso is the Mp5..) You Could have ammo boxes (like nade and health boxes, or the nade boxes could be ammo boxes as well). Also, when you drop a weapon when your out of ammo (and no ammo boxes are around) the only ammo you will have, is the ammo that was left with what ever gun you pickup.

no, it won't. this won't do **** helping servers with limited m79s, since they can't get 4 kills per death with m79...never. most time they either die after the first kill or get two kills then die.
the only thing about this idea that is somewhat practical is to stop auto users to spray randomly....but is that fun?

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 02:08:07 pm »
there should be ressuply stations(or whatever they are called ) from onslaught in UT2004

Offline RabidTreeFrog

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 02:35:23 pm »
2/3 MP5 clips? You CRAZY, boy?

No way.. It'd end up like Hold The Flag and RamboMatch.
not around

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 03:18:53 pm »
well...I ain't saying the clips have to be exactly that many! its up2 MM how he decides to do it...those are just examples...
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Yuth

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 06:25:22 pm »
Oh, I didn't see this... As the topic was "my idea..." I don't usually read such Topics  ;)

Add votes in my Topic... It's the exact same thing.  ::)