Author Topic: . <-- a command button  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Frenchie

• Camper
  • SoldatHQ
. <-- a command button
« on: September 30, 2006, 06:00:25 pm »
I don't know if this has been suggested, but there should be . as a command button. Pretty hard to explain but I'll try.

So far theres the t (& y) button to chat and / for admin commands, the chat buttons and / commands (only if logged in as admin) get outputed to the server(& admin) console. But so far when people have made scripts, most you gotta type t !info or other things like that, which the whole server can see. If . (dot) was added, these messages wouldn't popup in game but would be sent to the server console (unlike the / commandss where there only sent if your logged in as admin- I think)

This small command could add loads of functionality, as it would provide 3rd party scripts to give, for eg: users able to loging to a sub-admin script to provide specific power (only able to ban or kick),  or any thing else you can think of.

Please post your comments, because I doubt all of you understood the way I wrote it out.  :)
Soldat Lobby Avec Players -New Release! - Updated AGAIN!

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
Re: . <-- a command button
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 06:01:40 pm »
actually  / is also used for client stuff.

Also, this would F--- up all the existing scripts.
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline Frenchie

• Camper
  • SoldatHQ
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 06:17:43 pm »
Also, this would F--- up all the existing scripts.

I don't know how this would screw up all the scripts, as all the existing commands would not be touched.

The . command will have no effect on the game, it will only be forwarded to the server console. Eg: you have a script which allows new players to register there nicks in the first 10 seconds they join a game. They could just type '.regnick $pass' so the script could run and save his ip, nickname and password in a database. Ok, so next time he logs in with a dynamic ip, he just types '.regnick $pass' where the database will just add his new ip. This could not be done with the chat button as then the whole server would know his password.

Remember this is just an example of a script, these scripts could basicly be anything.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 11:19:14 pm »
yeah, i don't think it'll f*** anything up.  all it does is create a silent client-server chat that the server can interpret based its script.
Also, along with this should be the server's ability to specifically address someone so that a message can appear on only a certain player's screen.  ie:  you type .ping and it'll only show you your ping...
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Frenchie

• Camper
  • SoldatHQ
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 12:10:17 am »
  ie:  you type .ping and it'll only show you your ping...

That would be possible as you could have a script logged in as admin which interprets .ping and sends '/pm id ping' back to the player