Author Topic: closing weapon menu  (Read 1580 times)

Offline cooz

• Soldier
  • BANNED
closing weapon menu
« on: September 30, 2006, 09:18:12 am »
situation:
i like to close weapon menu (this list with all guns, knive, law, whateve'...) with TAB while i'm dead so it doesn't open after next respawn and i don't have to funk with it,

i know i can turn it off by ckicking outside menu but it still take some time,

also when someone set respawn time to 1 sec it almost impossible to turn it off

my suggestion:
make it possible to turn off weapon menu when you're alive with TAB so it won't show next time after dead, clicking outside turns it off but it'll show after next dead, it should screw anything and will give us some extra feature

ps
  i'm not sure if i remeber correctly but was it made in such way in 1.x.xb versions?
Dead man! Dead man walking! We got a dead man walking here! Banned man crawling more like

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
Re: closing weapon menu
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 09:19:23 am »
Thumbs up for this one.

ps
  i'm not sure if i remeber correctly but was it made in such way in 1.x.xb versions?

No, it wasn't. You couldn't even disablet the weapons menu back then.

ArmedManiac

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 09:25:58 am »
i like it, that bugs me a LOT too

Offline cooz

• Soldier
  • BANNED
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 10:25:03 am »
Thumbs up for this one.

ps

No, it wasn't. You couldn't even disablet the weapons menu back then.

hehe, i don't remember that i had to play back then with menu on screen all the time ;D
Dead man! Dead man walking! We got a dead man walking here! Banned man crawling more like

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 11:09:42 am »
Yea I'm for this, especially if theres a short spawn time.

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 02:47:54 pm »
situation:
i like to close weapon menu (this list with all guns, knive, law, whateve'...) with TAB while i'm dead so it doesn't open after next respawn and i don't have to funk wih it.

Er... you already can. After you die for the first time, when the weapons menu pops up again, press your Weapons Menu button (mine's set to Tab anyway), and it won't show up when you die. You'll keep the weapon you selected last time. If you want to switch weapon again, you have to re-enable the weapons menu before you respawn.

This, however, presents another similar suggestion. It would be nice if, while the weapons menu was disabled, you could still choose a weapon using the 1-0 buttons, as I noticed it isn't currently possible. The only way to switch weapons is to have the weapons menu enabled. If this were implemented, you would receive messages in your message log telling you which weapon you've selected (just like it says "Weapons Menu Disabled" etc.). 8)

edit: I just realised, it would also be nice if you could enable/disable the weapons menu while in-game too, so you don't have to do it after you die. This would also help with games that have no respawn time, as you wouldn't miss your weapon selection if you already enabled the weapons menu before you died.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 02:52:49 pm by -Vis- »

Offline cooz

• Soldier
  • BANNED
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 03:39:35 pm »
edit: I just realised, it would also be nice if you could enable/disable the weapons menu while in-game too, so you don't have to do it after you die. This would also help with games that have no respawn time, as you wouldn't miss your weapon selection if you already enabled the weapons menu before you died.

err, dude that what MY SUGGESTION is...
did you even read whole my post?  ???

Offline Tallacaps

• Soldier
    • History surprises
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 06:27:12 pm »

I agree.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 08:43:29 pm »

err, dude that what MY SUGGESTION is...
did you even read whole my post?  ???

To be perfectly honest, no I didn't. Maybe I will next time. 8)

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2006, 11:27:24 pm »
Finnaly, a new forumer not posting something stupid.

Im all for it, im sick to death of having to pick my rifle and wait even longer for it to load.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
  • I came to the world with the barret in my hand
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 09:11:02 am »
if you allways use the same weapons you should be able to turn the weapons menu of and it automatic choose the weapons you've selected. if you want to change when you're dead you'd just have to press Tab. shouldn't you? :P

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 02:28:02 pm »
I think, unless you have no primary selected and it's at the beginning of a match, the weapon menu should never show unless you're holding Tab and are dead or have just respawned. You shouldn't have to toggle it; it should be a hold function instead.

But cooz's idea is great as well.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 02:30:20 pm by Keron Cyst »