Author Topic: Gun Balance  (Read 11281 times)

Offline Axel

• Soldier
  • =AC.= Axel// Assasin Corps Lieutenant
    • Assassin Corps
Re: Gun Balance
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2006, 04:02:00 am »
Your wrong the only advantage ruger has in that sence is if you have just spwaned,
Think about it you shoot with m79 and start reloading after the ruger has shot 4 shots your ready to fire again so its 2 m79 shots in 4 ruger shots, with only 20 tick differance and shooting 4 bullets are mor elikely to miss/legshot that shooting 2 m79 bullets

First of all, I never said that you would always get two kills with the ruger to one with the m79. I just said it was possible.

Secondly, four bullets are more likely to miss than two bullets? I fail to see the logic in that. Assuming similar skill with the respective weapons, they should each have the same miss rate.

If you look at the weapons.ini file, you'll see that it takes 186 ticks for the m79 to complete a firing (one shot, one kill). It takes 260 ticks for the ruger to complete a firing (four shots, two kills). An m79 requires 372 ticks before it can make a third kill. A ruger can make three kills in 340 ticks (160 for clip, 100 for reload, 80 for next two shots). This advantage increases as more shots are fired. Five firings for the ruger (10 kills) take 1300 ticks. Ten firings for the m79 (10 kills) take 1860 ticks. Let's say you only get leg shots, so every kill takes three hits for the ruger (still one for the m79). After three firings with the ruger (780 ticks), you get four kills. After four firings with the m79 (744 ticks), you also get four kills. So yes, if you always hit with the m79 and only sometimes hit with the ruger, the m79 is slightly better. However, even m79ers don't hit every time.

Anyway, there's the math behind Soldat ;). Let me know if you see any errors with it.

Speaking of big numbers, this is my 100th post! W00t!

Here's an error for you. You say a ruger can make 3 kills in 340 ticks. 160 for a clip, 100 for reload, and 80 for the next 2 shots. This is wrong. The first shot in your clip requires no wait time. Therefore, the first clip only requires 120 ticks, and the 2 shots after the reload only require 40 ticks. That comes to 260 ticks, rather than 340.

Work the rest out for yourself. :P

....now were you trying to discredit him? it didnt work. but anywho, the whole thing with the triangle is THE BALANCE. balance is related to all of the guns as a whole. if you change one, you have to look at all the others to see how they are effected by this change, for example, if all of a sudden we made all of the autos do a heapload more damage, but the self bink is incredibly high, it might have worn away the barrier that protected against deagle users and their now they run rampant throughout the servers.(this is just an example. no actual evidence was used to make it). teh huge triangle, or more like 10-14 pointed circle, is wat teh weapon balance is all bout, if you look at it the right way. you try to get all of the points level, but if you change one itll either sink or fall, and thus other weapons might accidentally sink or fall as well. so there >:P',',

Without ignorance there is no true happiness.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2006, 01:16:06 am »
Axel, seriously... put a cork in it. I'm not trying to discredit anyone. He said if we find any errors in his calculations, let him know. Well I found an error, and I'm letting him know. What's your problem?

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2006, 07:38:13 pm »
Wow, where are you guys coming up with some of this stuff? I left my comments for next version months ago. Some of you are saying multiple things atleast stick to your opinions..