Author Topic: Animated Guns  (Read 1304 times)

Offline ANdro!d

• Camper
  • My ingame name is: t0XsiCk SprAyER
Animated Guns
« on: October 04, 2006, 06:04:51 pm »
I've got an idea make animated guns; 4 example, in the "weapons-gfx" folder we put in the "mp5.bmp" a certain image and in the "mp5-2.bmp" we put other gun.
 Yeaaaahh !!! Isn't it cool I haven't already ? I haven't tried it yet, but it could be great.
Check the fucking rules on sigs.

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
Re: Animated Guns
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 06:24:14 pm »
Uh, i dont follow you.  do you mean so guns are moving while your just holding them?

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 03:41:25 am »
what on earth are you talking about?

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 07:54:28 am »
I think he's talking about guns that are animated in-game.  Sorry, but no.  You can't have a gun cycle images in-game.  It's impossible.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
  • Just what I needed. A box of sh-t.
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 10:09:37 pm »
Without Michal modding the code it's impossible. Still possible, just not for you. Or me. Or anyone else. Except Michal.

Offline psyl3ntshad0w

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 10:49:31 pm »
actually i believe it is possible, i think i saw it in another mod...but you only get 2 frames.

Offline Hootie hoo

• Camper
  • "Noone" isn't a word.
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 10:56:36 pm »
I don't see any use for something like this except for maybe like a Prey mod or maybe like a blinkin light on a gun or something.
Image removed please read the forum rules.

Offline yamo

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 06:26:47 am »
With the m79 it is possible, very limited, but possible. You have your main m79.bmp and m79-2.bmp. then you edit the m79-clip.bmp's so that they look different from the m79.bmp. In my 2841 mod a section of the m79 glows we reloading.
Urban Theatre

Offline Unlucky XIII

• Soldier
  • Unit Zero One Three
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 06:44:00 am »
actually i believe it is possible, i think i saw it in another mod...but you only get 2 frames.
You mean that Vibrating Gun on one of those futuristic mods? That was done using a modified fire-graphic for that weapon so that there was an edited barrel of the gun on it, as well as the fire-flash, and a slightly elongated barrel on the actual gun. Very clever idea, whoever's that was.

Anyway, I do not mind the idea, and I would like a rotating barrel on the Minigun while firing or the pump-thingy for the Spas-12 to move after a shot. I support, as long as it will not take too long to implement.

"The old ones are the best"