Author Topic: Waypoint issues  (Read 1730 times)

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
Waypoint issues
« on: October 11, 2006, 06:44:14 am »
I've recently gotten into mapping, made an infiltration map based on D-Day 1944. Anyway, I was just doing the waypoints and I'm having trouble getting the bots to fly up onto a ledge, I've tried loads of variations and nothing seems to work! Perhaps I could send someone the map and they could do the waypoints for me  ;D that would be awsome.

HELP!

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
Re: Waypoint issues
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 01:08:33 pm »
Upload the map here with your post (click the Modify button and then click Additional Options) and I'll take a look.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 01:50:36 pm »
In making them jump vertically, make sure the Up wypt. from the initial Left/Right wypt. on the ground is diagonally positioned. Try vertically jumping immediately while running; as your soldat moves up, it also drifts horizontally; this is why it needs to be positioned a bit diagonally instead of directly above, unless you give the Left/Right wypt. a Special function. ("Wait 1 second" usually doesn't work; "Wait 5 seconds" is the best.)
Then make them jet; this is a bit trickier, so I can't guide you without visuals, or without a screenshot of the terrain of the area you're working with on your map. Here is a rough plan.

Notice the relation of the base running wypt. and the jumping wypt.; it's not just directly above it. Keep momentum in mind!

The other jet waypoint is a guard in case they somehow do not fly left enough to strike the initial one. Guards come VERY handy in working with large paths. Hope this helped :)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 01:58:23 pm by Keron Cyst »

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 04:02:44 am »
Thanks for the replies, I'll try and post the map ASAP, have to finish it completely first, this is my first map btw so don't be surprised if it sucks

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 06:13:32 pm »
Just take a screenshot of the sector in question. Then I can help you more and form waypoints specifically for that region.

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 03:13:59 pm »
Ahah... thx Keron. I didnt know about that guard before...