Author Topic: New bonus: Explosive Bullets.  (Read 4032 times)

Offline Impulse

• Major(1)
New bonus: Explosive Bullets.
« on: October 08, 2006, 12:54:13 am »
hello, i'm new to forums.soldat.pl & I just had this idea.

a new bonus that turns any bullets [besides M79, Barret, Minigun, LAW] into 'explosive' bullets. So like, you pick up the bonus and start shooting at the opposition. The bullets might have a fiery trail [effect].

Once they hit; there could either do; extra damage or cause internal bleeding in which they lose Health for a set period of time.

Oh, and the duration of the bonus is 20-30 seconds.

Thanks for reading. :]

P.S. - not for Barret [already strong]. M79 [already explosive]. LAW [already explosive]. Minigun [will make it overpowered].

Offline Hootie hoo

• Camper
  • "Noone" isn't a word.
Re: New bonus: Explosive Bullets.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 12:55:57 am »
I don't quite understand the point - what if you HAVE the Barrett or Minigun? What about cluster grenades? What about the Steyr AUG?
I say no.
Image removed please read the forum rules.

Offline Impulse

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 12:59:22 am »
Err.. you won't be able to pick up the bonus if you have Barret or Minigun. Grenades won't matter, they won't get the effect. and the Steyr is ok.. it's not even that strong.

Offline Hootie hoo

• Camper
  • "Noone" isn't a word.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 01:07:37 am »
Err.. you won't be able to pick up the bonus if you have Barret or Minigun. Grenades won't matter, they won't get the effect. and the Steyr is ok.. it's not even that strong.
Yes, it is.
Also, I was saying that this'd pretty much make cluster grenades obsolete.
Anyway, if the explosion's power is the same as the weapon's strength, what's the use? Strength isn't the Steyr's best feature, though it IS relatively strong. A gun that shoots exploding bullets that shoots and reloads as fast as the Steyr?
It'd just unbalance the game....
Image removed please read the forum rules.

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 01:08:35 am »
With that argument it's like you mean to imply that the Barret is overpowered already. It's a bit unfair actually, a bonus should be available to everybody and not just some exclusive few. With your argument it would leave out 4 weapons from the bonus.

Plus...

Err.. you won't be able to pick up the bonus if you have Barret or Minigun.

How would that work if you simply switched weapon for a second? Also, I would love to see an explosive knife or an explosive chainsaw.

Conclusion: I simply think that the bonus would be available to a too low percentage of the player base.

Offline Impulse

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 01:14:05 am »
I meant that Barret won't have the effect because it's already OHKO [unless vested].

and knife is already almost aways OHKO. & a explosive chainsaw would be suicide..

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 01:49:58 am »
Hells yes! Get a purple minigun that shoots exploding bullets, but only 150 rounds, and no reloading.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 02:34:11 am »
Overall I like the idea. Extra damage + more powerful. It pushes you back way more.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 03:27:20 am »
This overlaps with the Bezerk too much I think as the game already has a weapon power-up. Plus it denies weapons from use, which is poor. Even if you allowed all weapons to collect it, how would exploding benefit the M79, LAW, and grenade users?

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 03:51:16 am »
This overlaps with the Bezerk too much I think as the game already has a weapon power-up. Plus it denies weapons from use, which is poor. Even if you allowed all weapons to collect it, how would exploding benefit the M79, LAW, and grenade users?

What he said.

Unless you do the internalized bleedingness idea. That sounds AIGHT. GANGSTA IN DA HOOD.   yeah...

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 04:27:58 am »
i would like to see exploding bullets as a bullet type for moding the weapons.ini. The gfx would be like a normal bullet but it would make a small explosion like the clusters. But I do not support this idea , its a bit childish...

Offline Fluffy

• Camper
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 04:44:30 am »
Wow, this would create so many new balancing issues. I say no.

Long live Nazi-Communism!

Offline Dezonus

• Major(1)
  • Hey look it's me
    • Megatrazainian Forum
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006, 06:45:52 am »
I say no, we already have beserker, so we really don't need it (but it would look cool)
I own the Megatrazainian Empire, what about you?

Offline kingof gamez

• Major(1)
  • Zelda
    • SoldatMega
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 03:24:37 am »
i say no because if u have a hkmp5 which shoots bullets real fast and make it shoot explosives, welll, it will definatlee cause a massive lag
Ingame Names/ Uncle Jimmy/ {THE REAL ADMIN}/ Ray/ Tyson/ Computer Mod By Ray/
http://www.soldatmega.tk

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2006, 01:16:17 pm »
i say no because if u have a hkmp5 which shoots bullets real fast and make it shoot explosives, welll, it will definatlee cause a massive lag

Unless they're very, very small explosions, befitting of a bullet, which could look really cool.

Anyway, I agree that this isn't necessary, but not a bad idea nonetheless.

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2006, 02:04:21 pm »
no
BERZERKER, CLUSTER GRENADES,BARRETT,M79

^i think that says it all, no?^

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2006, 04:34:35 pm »
Yes, it is.
Also, I was saying that this'd pretty much make cluster grenades obsolete.
Anyway, if the explosion's power is the same as the weapon's strength, what's the use? Strength isn't the Steyr's best feature, though it IS relatively strong. A gun that shoots exploding bullets that shoots and reloads as fast as the Steyr?
It'd just unbalance the game....
To add to it, I would not advise for such a thing to happen. I have had an experience with a mood that shot realy fast exploding bullets in someone's server. The reaction to that is, the rate at which your bullets are deployed creates a chain linking back to you once the frist bullet hits.

Imagine.

Within your chain of bullets, the leading bullet makes contact with someone or something. Usually when something meant to explode explodes because of the influence, it causes a chain reaction. So there will be a chain of explosions leading back to you.

I doubt I explained it clear enough for even me to understand so I'll try and summarize. You hit a wall. The first one explodes on the wall. The second bullet doesn't reach the wall and explodes from the shock of the first explosion. The third one will follow. And as fast as the bullets are deployed, if you're not careful then you may be in for a bit of a dissapointment with that type of bonus.
[FF|LL|HE[Cide/Decoy/Not Batman!:
[[ 300.91m | sniping distance
[[ 85:0 | kill:death ratio
[[ us.socom | favorite weapon

Offline kingof gamez

• Major(1)
  • Zelda
    • SoldatMega
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2006, 12:52:36 am »
so ur saying that the explosive bullet hits a wall and the second bullet coliedes with the first bullet and so on untill the explosion hits u back
Ingame Names/ Uncle Jimmy/ {THE REAL ADMIN}/ Ray/ Tyson/ Computer Mod By Ray/
http://www.soldatmega.tk

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2006, 06:32:58 am »
so ur saying that the explosive bullet hits a wall and the second bullet coliedes with the first bullet and so on untill the explosion hits u back
It doesn't have to be a wall. It could be any collision point. It would most likely track back faster than you think. So imagine what would happen to those who are notorious for doing nothing but spraying.

I had to deliver shots at uneven intervals in order to keep form killing myself. It was too much trouble to deal with, in regards to that person's mod. They just added a hell of alot of amunition to items, decreased the loading time and the speed of the ammo's projection.

Plus adding such a thing to barret bullets is out of the question. It's like a mod causing explosion in places almost instantaniously. I'm glad the original poster rulled out that for the berret.
[FF|LL|HE[Cide/Decoy/Not Batman!:
[[ 300.91m | sniping distance
[[ 85:0 | kill:death ratio
[[ us.socom | favorite weapon

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2006, 11:25:02 am »
It doesn't have to be a wall. It could be any collision point. It would most likely track back faster than you think. So imagine what would happen to those who are notorious for doing nothing but spraying.

This is why, like I already said, you would use very small explosions. When I say small, I mean like 3-4 pixels high/wide, which would look kinda cool, and wouldn't result in chain reactions. That said, you could probably just make the explosions non-reacting anyway, so that couldn't happen.

But it's still just a fancy version of the berserker. However, it may be an interesting replacement, but I don't know if anyone would go for it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 11:26:52 am by -Vis- »