Author Topic: A quick question  (Read 966 times)

Offline Dezonus

• Major(1)
  • Hey look it's me
    • Megatrazainian Forum
A quick question
« on: October 09, 2006, 07:24:13 am »
I've been dying to ask this for ages. Is the speed and damge stat linked perfectly (would a wep with 100 damage and 200 speed do the same as a wep with 200 damage and 100 speed)? Does anybody know?
I own the Megatrazainian Empire, what about you?

Offline Serial K!ller

• Camper
    • Soldat Mods Archive
Re: A quick question
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 08:28:53 am »
afaik it would only do the same damage at zero range, after a distance it will be different because the speed will drop sooner of the slow one as so will the damage.

tested a bit and %damage =~ (Speed * damage * 0,000652)

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 07:22:07 pm »
No, Dezonus, actually. Speed is more like an estimate than anything. Even if a weapon has 0 Damage it still injures because of speed alone, depending on how fast the projectile is going, and MM has air-resistance and gravity in effect which complicate the stats. even more.

There is no truly solid way to gauge the damage Speed inflicts unless you're talking about a very fast projectile almost unaffected by gravity and air resistance, or a melee weapon. Even the Knife is sometimes not lethal if thrown at an enemy far away.

Offline Dezonus

• Major(1)
  • Hey look it's me
    • Megatrazainian Forum
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 02:47:46 am »
I thought it would probably be more complex then what I said. Serial killer, can you explain that formula for me a bit beter?
I own the Megatrazainian Empire, what about you?