Author Topic: 2 things for mappers : )  (Read 1352 times)

Offline numgun

• Veteran
2 things for mappers : )
« on: October 09, 2006, 08:33:39 am »
1. An option in waypoints for the bots to prone.
This will create many new possibilities for bot behaviour.

2. Text tool for maps.
Click somewhere and type whatever you want on your map. Font, size and colour adjustable.

Offline g-force

• Major(1)
  • Your alternative to raindeer. Merry X-mas :)
Re: 2 things for mappers : )
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 10:14:12 am »
For the first suggestion, isn't there a "stop and camp" option when waypointing?

The second suggestion is a good idea, because I see some maps that has the creators name spelled out using polys.  It could also save on the scenery useage as well.

Favorite Weapons:[AK74] and [DE]

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 10:17:20 am »
On 2- just use scenery. I prefer polys myself.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 12:57:13 pm »
For the first suggestion, isn't there a "stop and camp" option when waypointing?

I dont mean camping, be more creative! Imagine bots doing superman or sliding with you to the finish on a sliding competition (a map with only icy polygons for sliding.)
And I could use this myself on some of my maps which require proning. or how about theres a small gab and you want to get your bot go through it.

possibilities are infinite.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 02:15:24 pm »
I don't think the prone will ever be implemented given the way the game's coded; out of all the movement abilities a bot can do, prone is the only one which is "toggled" and not held to use. It'd be freakin' awesome, tho'. 8)

As for the text tool... if you just want to "sign" your map, put your name in the Long Description. :P Or use one scenery

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 03:17:17 pm »
^I think he wants to label parts of the map, such as "armory," or "bomb shelter."
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 07:13:22 pm »
In a universal case, yes, but knowing numgun, he probably just wants to slap on "BY: REACTORCORE" on each of his maps ;D

@numgun: in that case, just use polygonal PW-prefabs. and import them into each map (unless they're still buggy).

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 07:51:15 pm »
How about a superman thing. The bot jumps off the edge of  cliff/building and goes prone and jets away.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 08:20:59 pm »
Hahaha. That would be swell, but would require massive recoding as the bots would have to be programmed to detect polygons, and that is something MM will definitely not do, especially with Crimson Glory on his to-do list :P

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 02:41:34 am »
^I think he wants to label parts of the map, such as "armory," or "bomb shelter."

Exactly.

@Keron: Lol remove those sigs outta those maps! I'd rather put it in the description text x )
(why didnt I think of that before? what a waste of polygons : P)

But why would it be hard to make the bots to prone?
Isnt all the other commands made like: next waypoint tells the bot to press right. so the bot presses right, right?

Also a command to make a bot to throw a grenade would be nice.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 02:44:30 am by numgun »

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 03:02:31 am »
2. Text tool for maps.
Click somewhere and type whatever you want on your map. Font, size and colour adjustable.

Download EditPro.  It's old, it may be a bitch to figure out, but you can type text in it and it'll show up on the screen (it should be by typing into one of the info fields, but I'm not sure anymore, if you can't figure it out I can do it for you).  Just remember that you'll have to leave the file as it is and then convert it into .PMS with another map editor before you add anything else.

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"