Author Topic: Is there a word for this?  (Read 847 times)

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
Is there a word for this?
« on: October 20, 2006, 06:15:17 am »
Well, I started playing on a server, I think it was the SEAL one. Anyway I found that when I shot people, they didn't die, or take any damage. My chat didn't appear either. After a while I found myself dead and body hadn't moved from the respawn point. After a bit I got disconnected as if I was inactive.
What is this bug called and what causes it?

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
Re: Is there a word for this?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 06:16:07 am »
Well, I started playing on a server, I think it was the SEAL one. Anyway I found that when I shot people, they didn't die, or take any damage. My chat didn't appear either. After a while I found myself dead and body hadnt;t moved from the respawn point. After a bit I got disconnected as if I was inactive?
What is this bug called and what causes it?

The word is "restart." The game just didn't load properly or something. Exit Soldat completely and restart it. That's what works for me at least.

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 10:04:12 am »
Or "connection timeout". Just reconnect.

scg_912

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 01:36:04 am »
I might have a bug to cause when I play online if I shoot someone close up with any gun exept Barret and M79 I can fire every last bullet at them and they still wont dieĀ  >:(

Offline NorrisScott

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 01:56:15 am »
This happens to me fairly often. Generally, it's just an error where you've entered a server and, for whatever reason, your connection timesout upon entry but the server's already loaded on your screen. You'll notice when you press the ESC button that all movement stops-- this is because now the connection is just on your end, much like when you play against bots.

That's my ASSUMPTION, anyway, to be truthful I'm more just talking out of my ass with what I think causes it.

Anyway, simple solution: ESC+Leave Server, and then just re-enter. If it persists, find another server. These things happen from time to time, just an annoying and unfortunate bug.

I might have a bug to cause when I play online if I shoot someone close up with any gun exept Barret and M79 I can fire every last bullet at them and they still wont die  >:(

That might actually just be lag, really. What's your average ping in relation to the people you're firing at?

Soldat Name: Kazuo Kiriyama