4 (20%)
It could use a change.
10 (50%)
I doubt it will work out.
1 (5%)
I'm not realy feeling this one.
5 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Flag Fight: Take It Home Baby.  (Read 8761 times)

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
Re: Flag Fight: Take It Home Baby.
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2006, 08:33:48 am »
Well this idea has been thinked and it have lots of good ideas.

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2006, 01:56:10 pm »
Much too complicated. Soldat isn't played by the mature types of players that would work well with anything requiring a high level of teamwork. I suppose it might have application in clan type engagements, though.
Merely adding the block feature to the use of the flag, I wouldn't say that it would be as complicated as a thing as it might be made out to be. I know the passing and the fighting were one thing, but Axel brought to my realization that blocking would hold priority over the other uses of the flag.

Plus, the idea for passing the flag via the alternate method might be a waste of controls. That idea was put out there to give the flag a feel of a weapon in every sense. As far as attack goes, I am still somewhat puzzled on how that's going to work out smoothly with the controls if it was worked out. A javelin is too risky. Close combat with it is risky if they rely on the flag to protect them all of the time.

grenade-grenade collision doesn't trigger them!
This is a pretty good idea - however I don't like the stand guard thing where the flag can protect you.
I did think of another cool idea, namely having the flag act like a spy - you can throw it over a hill top and anything in its line of sight is also in yours however you do risk having it at the enemy's side. Say you throw it over a hill to spy there and an enemy that's out of its line of sight sees it and knows your using it to spy - he then can make a fast dash for it and run with it. The only lame thing would be having someone from your team take the flag to the enemy either out of stupidity (meaning he's risking TOO much and it wouldn't be worth it) or he just wants to be annoying like TKers. Although it has been discussed that we will have to rely on team member cooperation and faith in that they won't be stupid/annoying, it's still pretty risky.
The spying idea is not a good idea in my opinion. It's like using the flag for a less useful purpose than to score. For one, not alot of people are fond of spies to begin with. Another thing, even if you can see where they are comming from, not everyone relying on forsight can actually act upon it with efficiency. That can get turned over into a bad situation all together where someone, not you and no offense to anyone who does,  could make numerous failed attempted to watch to see who's comming where to take them out.

Shots don't always have to be fired on sight, especially while hiding. It's almost like the majority of a losing team continues to camp at their base with the aspiration that they'll protect the flag THIS time since the opposition scored the last time. Although trying again after a first failed attempt is admirable, adaptivity is crucial in some of these instances.

Date Posted: October 12, 2006, 02:49:35 PM
Well this idea has been thinked and it have lots of good ideas.
Thank you. I just wish that I could properly think of a way to use this for attack purposes as well as defensive purposes with ease in the controls. Note, there's already buttons designated for weapon throws, weapon fire and weapon reloading in regards to the usage of the weapon.

Date Posted: October 12, 2006, 02:52:43 PM
I look to host a thread showing another idea of mine. Yet unlike this idea, the other I plan on hosting will not be as fresh of a presentation because of what it involves. Yet if this could get into the works then that would be quite interesting. Flag Fight > Knife Saw Combat.

Basically saying that the knife can deflect the saw if the saw's running.

So the use of explosives will be vital to the flag fighting too.
[FF|LL|HE[Cide/Decoy/Not Batman!:
[[ 300.91m | sniping distance
[[ 85:0 | kill:death ratio
[[ us.socom | favorite weapon

Offline Axel

• Soldier
  • =AC.= Axel// Assasin Corps Lieutenant
    • Assassin Corps
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2006, 02:37:50 pm »
erm, ya lost me multiple times in the second of three parts.....

Without ignorance there is no true happiness.

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2006, 06:15:25 am »
Lemme see if i understand....

You say that in order to return the flag, you have to carry it back over yourself, and when you do carry the flag, you wont be able to use a weapon......right?

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2006, 08:48:01 am »
erm, ya lost me multiple times in the second of three parts.....
I was just saying that the use of spying with the flag isnt worth the risk of losing it.
I was also saying that spying is not always useful since not everyone acts on it. The shots thing was just running into some other issue. Ignore that if you will. x_x I think I was half sleep during the type I was typing that one, either that or I was suppose to be sleep some time ago and just not taking note of what I was saying.

Lemme see if i understand....

You say that in order to return the flag, you have to carry it back over yourself, and when you do carry the flag, you wont be able to use a weapon......right?
Yes and no.
If you are carrying your enemy's flag then it will warp back to it's space (< something that needs to be added). And you can use a weapon, you'll only have 1 weapon avalable, like someone could drop their secondary weapon to carry the flag while they'll have their primary weapon on hand and ready to use when they switch it. The flag acts in place of a weapon itself.

Offline Axel

• Soldier
    • Assassin Corps
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2006, 07:29:55 am »
prtty much

Offline Pendrokar

• Major(1)
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2006, 03:30:57 pm »
Only in (special) realistic game modes! Otherwise it wouldn't be fun.

Offline Axel

• Soldier
    • Assassin Corps
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2006, 06:53:45 am »
....erm....i thought it was suggested that this would be a selectable option in servers...oh! thats a diff topic... but this one could be! it could have a prefix infront fo like, (FF), ya know? so yeah, erm, yeah
later
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 06:55:27 am by Axel »

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2007, 04:59:24 pm »
Just added the FF link in my sig as well as the LL...which was something a little different. Not an entirely new feature I suggested but something for realism.