Author Topic: I might return to my old love.  (Read 5867 times)

Offline pero

• Major
  • [SaD] #fragbait
Re: I might return to my old love.
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2006, 10:20:52 am »
how many times i have to say it..the ak sure is good in the hands of a experienced ak guy like outy..but steyr aug is the most overpowered wep of soldat...it deals less damage yes but its rof is so fast it doesnt really matter, its fast accurate and it deals shitload of damage

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2006, 11:20:59 am »
^^I disagree. The socom is the most overpowered weapon according to the stats, but that's not what counts. It's all about exploiting the opportunities. Learn to master this, and you can counter any weapon with any weapon..

The Ak, steyer and mp5 are weapons all pretty easy to go for, but it takes alot of practice to truely master them.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2006, 11:25:21 am »
I like German weapons better then Russian weapons :)

At lest I thin AUG is German and I'm pretty sure the AK is Russian

I think Its Aussie Waepon That Steyr

Anywho

Because I play ONly Realistic and I think AK its much powerfull

So i choose Ak

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2006, 12:48:04 pm »
I roll with almost all the weapons, except for Deagles and Ruger. Recently I've discovered how amazingly powerful the Socom is, so I've been trying it out lately.

But I do prefer the AK over the Steyr.

Offline Outcast

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • Semi-retired antagonist
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2006, 02:07:50 pm »
^^I disagree. The socom is the most overpowered weapon according to the stats, but that's not what counts.

True. Socom owns so much, but you need to get your fingers warm before you start using it as a primary :D. And you can't use it for very long because your fingers start to hurt. It's all about closing the distance and shooting really really fast and really accurate, takes skill.
o/

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2006, 02:14:36 pm »
I don't use the socom unless I'm sniping, and even then it's a rare occasion.

Offline Commander Kitsune

• Soldier
  • Kits
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2006, 02:16:01 pm »
I love the socom, but I'm to lazy to use it. I'm getting back into loving the Mp5 again.

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2006, 02:16:23 pm »
how many times i have to say it..the ak sure is good in the hands of a experienced ak guy like outy..but steyr aug is the most overpowered wep of soldat...it deals less damage yes but its rof is so fast it doesnt really matter, its fast accurate and it deals ****load of damage

Not true at all.  the mp5 has the highest ROF in the game.

And unless you fire in bursts, the AUG is actually terribly innaccurate.  Stand on the spot and fire with the AUG, and it will self bink itself so badly.  Do the same with the AK and it won't be nearly as bad.

I don't use the socom unless I'm sniping, and even then it's a rare occasion.

Ditto
"What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a
computer-generated dream world built to keep us
under control in order to - wait, what?"

Offline zase8

• Major
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2006, 04:51:16 pm »
I don't get what the deal with the Steyr is. The Hk Mp5 owns the Steyr.

[HK MP5]
Damage=104
FireInterval=6
Ammo=30
ReloadTime=95
Speed=189
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-25
MovementAcc=1

[Steyr AUG]
Damage=73
FireInterval=7
Ammo=30
ReloadTime=115
Speed=260
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-33
MovementAcc=1

Hk is more powerful, has a higher ROF, faster reload. The only problem with it is range. But if you are going for range, then Ak and Minimi are much better at that. It's hard to aim from a distance, so it is better to have a weapon with more power, means you have to hit your enemy with fewer shots to kill him.

Offline Outcast

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2006, 04:56:42 pm »
Stats yes, but there's also range and accuracy. You can't get long range headshots with mp5, hell you can't even get controlled mid range mp5 headshots because of the sprayish bullets(same with mini but to a lesser degree). While AK and steyr(somewhat) can get nice controlled fire to wherever you aim to, which is a huge advantage. But iff you close the distance with mp5 fast and smart(to get above the victim) theres no doubt who will die, if the other guy has no nades that is. Or a knife.

P.S. - Brock, pero didn't say it has the fastest rof, it just said it has a very fast rof. And have you ever heard of tapping the fire button? Press for ~6 shots, adjust aim to head, press for ~6 shots, for AK anyway. But it works for aug too, or any other auto that is.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 05:01:25 pm by Outcast »
o/

Offline Noz

• Major(1)
  • Barretard
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2006, 07:24:18 pm »
Who finds Steyr hard to use? It shoots completely straight.

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2006, 08:15:12 pm »
Who finds Steyr hard to use? It shoots completely straight.

Try it in realistic

Offline ^_^

• Soldier
  • AKA Charlotte :-D
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2006, 10:57:51 pm »
The Steyr rocks. Favorite auto.
In-Game names: Charlotte, Gin Fox, Agent Sonnata.
Current Mod Project: The Dark Lament.

Offline zase8

• Major
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2006, 11:47:40 pm »
The Steyr rocks. Favorite auto.

Lol, you sig states something different. Or is that just a screenname of one of your friends? Also, it isn't spelled properly.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 11:49:21 pm by zase8 »

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2006, 12:33:07 am »
^That's just a friends nickname. Played him several times.

Anyway, We all agree that mp5, steyer AUG and Ak74 pretty much rocks the house up all the time. The thing is, they're actually contrasts.

mp5 has a high RoF, as is suitable for every situation for obvious reasons, but it is particulary good in close quarters. In realistic, 3 headshots is enough to kill an enemy with m5, and that's not so tough if you're standing an inch or two besides him.
As we all know, the bullets path is rather curved, and that makes it hard to us as a long distance arm. This is absolutely it's weakest point, followed by it's "low" clip size. When I say low, I'm ofcourse aware that both steyer and H&K has a clipsize on 30 bullets, but steyer doesn't empty as fast.

the Steyer AUG, on the other hand, is a much more flexible and reliable choice of arms. Suitable for every situation, it is almost an all-round weapon. Allthough it's not as good in close quarters as the mp5, it's still not a poor choice even then. It is an excellent long/mid range weapon, and it's very easy to use - even for newcomers. It has good RoF, damage, reload time, etc... Not a bad choice.

The AK is the more powerfull of these weapons, and with a clipsize on 40 bullets, you kinda get the feeling that you'll never run out of bullets in the middle of a fight. Maybe it's supported by the fact that, should you even use your full clip, it still has a damn fast reload time, and you're good to go in like 1,3 second(correct me if I'm wrong). Like the steyer, it has a straight line of fire, making it an easy weapon to hit with. It's got a slow RoF(like, 2 bullets a sec, right?), but pretty much redeems itself in it's power. I think this weapons greatest weakness would actually be it's slow RoF, since it's not that effective towards a group of enemies. It simply doesn't shoot fast enough to elliminate every enemy before they come close.. Ofcourse when only one guy is coming towards you, you're allready in the lead, even before killing him. The Ak is a clear advantage in most situations, no doubt about it. Another good auto, that you're never way off by choosing.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 12:35:45 am by echo_trail »
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Pathos

• Major(1)
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2006, 05:55:15 am »
hate to say this but I find the ak cheap because to get the best performance you just keep you distance from others and use its incredible accuracy and stability to auto snipe opponents.

Its a very good gun but it incourages boring play.

Great for defence tho.

Aug is great it incourages a good level of aggressive play but holds its own in distance.

Offline Outcast

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2006, 06:07:01 am »
hate to say this but I find the ak cheap because to get the best performance you just keep you distance from others and use its incredible accuracy and stability to auto snipe opponents.

Its a very good gun but it incourages boring play.

Great for defence tho.

Aug is great it incourages a good level of aggressive play but holds its own in distance.

People run away from me when I have AK, I don't run away from them :/ Gotta chase them constantly. I rush with it ;)
o/

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2006, 09:57:11 am »
Zase, the MP5 only owns the Steyrin close quarters, I know and agree on that.  Try shooting at m79 people from real far away with the steyr, it's a blast!  Just watching them frantically trying to gget close to you while you burst-fire their ass to shit.

I usually run from good AKers like yourself Outcast.

I think that the AK and AUG are very good all around weapons, whilst the mp5 is roxors for close range.  I always suffer with the MP5 on larger maps.

Also, take note:

Steyr AUG - (Bullpup) Assault Rifle
AK - Assualt Rifle
MP5 - Submachinegun
FNMinimi - Machinegun

I think that after much discussion, I still think the AUG is sexy.  I shalt use my mp5/Steyr - Saw combo to continue owning teh_world.

I think the fact that he AK is so good, almost to the point of being unfair, it gives me good practice and keeps me sharp anyways.

Offline F3nyx

• Soldier
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2006, 04:19:44 pm »
I posted a thread about this in Improvements a few weeks ago, but it didn't get much attention.

To summarize, when you fire a burst with the AUG, the first bullet goes beneath the crosshair (as expected), but all the other shots go high. This only happens when standing, not when crouched or prone. It doesn't happen with any other guns. It has nothing to do with self-bink, because it's been around for longer. (check the link for more details)

This bug annoys the crap out of me... whenever I fire a burst with an auto, I use the first shot to correct my aim. When I do this with the AUG, I end up shooting way too high. Please fix :-\

God dammit, has nobody else noticed this?  Don't you watch where your bullets go?

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2006, 04:26:34 pm »
I do, but it doesn't affect me adversly at all.