Do you like this suggestion?

:D Hell yeah!
37 (41.1%)
:-\ I don't care.
13 (14.4%)
>:( Hell no!
40 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Author Topic: Limited / Unlimited Ammo - Ammunition Boxes  (Read 8914 times)

Offline Yuth

• Major(1)
Limited / Unlimited Ammo - Ammunition Boxes
« on: June 14, 2006, 05:54:20 pm »
This has been suggested in the old forums by Zegovia. One of the best suggestions that has come to Soldat Forum's history. Special thanks to Zegovia.  :-*

The idea is to have limited ammunition, so you'd have to run for ammo boxes dropped around in the map. This means people would run out of ammunition and use their Secondary to take out the players, and it would cause a lot more stealing weapons from each other.  :D

I suggest this as a server option, either having unlimited ammo or limited ammo would be an option for the server in the Options Setup Screen.
[/u][/size]

a similar idea was posted in the old forums, and I think it would be a great idea....
Make an extra option, where you have limited ammo, you should be able to select it like every other game option (Realistic Mode...Adnaced...blah blah).

For instance:
The amount of ammo you could have for each weapon you carry would be something like this:

Deagles: 4 clips
Mp5: 2/3 clips
AK:4 clips
Steyr: 4 Clips
Ruger: 2 Clips
M79: Same as your carried nades (this could also have its own type of ammo..therefore 4 grenades)
Barret: 1 Clip
Minimi: 2 Clips
Minigun: 1 Clip

The Clips should be server adjustable.

This would help with the weapon balance a heap (as M79 is over useed...andso is the Mp5..) You Could have ammo boxes (like nade and health boxes, or the nade boxes could be ammo boxes as well). Also, when you drop a weapon when your out of ammo (and no ammo boxes are around) the only ammo you will have, is the ammo that was left with what ever gun you pickup.

Discuss:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 06:40:55 pm by Yuth »

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
Re: Limited / Unlimited Ammo - Ammunition Boxes
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 06:05:11 pm »
Argh.

It still isn't a bad idea though.

EDIT: Idea was originally created by Zegovia.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Yuth

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 06:28:25 pm »
Hehe  ;D ... Didn't see that coming. I'll let this poll stay open though.

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 11:20:48 am »
EMOTICONS IN POLLS KICKS ARSE

No thank you. This would only work on R/S maps anyway. Any other map or gamemode would just make it annoying.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 11:58:02 am »
yeah this would be great for a server option and added on to realistic mode. ;D

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 01:13:33 pm »
You have my support if it's realistic only and it's a server side option.
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 02:02:31 pm »
I like it if its option and it limits spraying!

Offline edak

• Flagrunner
  • AussiEdak
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 04:31:03 pm »
Well it's unfair for people who lag because only 20-40% shots register, but it's a cool idea.

UPDATED 12-Aug-2010 FIXED LINKS!!!!! - 18 Apr 2007 - NOW WITH FULLLY MODDABLE MAP TEXTURES! Modders, further customise your soldat!

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 05:06:54 pm »
more options is always better...  But the hk should have 3 or 4 clips, not 2 or 3.

And what happens when you pick up a gun?  Should you continue with ITS remaining clips (even though clips r usually carried by the soldier and not by the gun...  one answer:  you won't have to reload the gun upon picking it up (unlike it is now) but you only have the amount of bullets left as the gun had when it was dropped - and no extra clips unless you already have clips for that gun (like if you chose the same gun upon spawn)
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • "forum's-rebellious-cool-guy"
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 05:40:57 pm »
Out of all things, each gun should have the same amount of clips.

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 11:26:44 am »
I've thought about this and would really really really LOVE this to be true. With a box for game mode and stuff so you can enable it and stuff. Guns aren't stolen from eachother enough I think. And also there will be less spraying and more aiming. :)

I wish I could vote for this like 3 times because I love this idea so much.

Offline Spasm

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF Owner
    • Elite CTF
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 11:49:47 am »
It's not a bad idea, but I don't think it would work well in this game.. You're really not alive that long for it to matter, because the spawn points don't change. If people run out of ammo, I can see them just leaving the game and coming back in..instead of finding more ammo.
Owner/Founder- Elite CTF -  http://elitectf.com
OwnedVision - http://ownedvision.com
--An EliteCTF Production.
Snipe & Slice - Saw & Law - One Shots

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 11:56:04 am »
no. This would ruin large maps and laggers.
I say no.
no...
I am used to reloading every time I kill an enemy unless there are more nearby. I would run out way to quickly.

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 11:59:49 am »
This has been suggested WAY before zegovia.....

And i still say NO, soldat is too fast paced to "limit ammo", anyways, im always reloading, and soldat throw away clips when you reload with a few ammo still in the clip.

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 12:04:08 pm »
And then people would camp around ammo box spawns, or ammo boxes on maps. Maps would all have to be edited to include new ammo spawns.

It's an interesting feature, but not one that Soldat would foster well.
Steam ¤ Skype ¤ Soldat Wiki ¤ Need Help?
"Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do,
it bears your signature." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 12:22:24 pm »
And i still say NO, soldat is too fast paced to "limit ammo", anyways, im always reloading, and soldat throw away clips when you reload with a few ammo still in the clip.

my thoughts exactly. for counter strike or rainbow six or most any FPS, reloading is required not just for realism, but for gameplay; it requires more/different strategy so you can't just barrel through emptying 300 rounds of grenades into someone which automatically refill whenever you pick more rounds up.

however, soldat is all about the action, about barreling through. there's simply not enough 'room' for that much strategy; it simply wouldn't work.

people would turn the option on, thinking 'oh cool!' then after they ran out of ammo and no one else used the weapon they wanted, they would curl up and cry on their keyboard.
I AM A SMARTARSED PRICK OF A HUMAN BEING

I AM ALSO DOUCHEBAGGERY, AND I'M SPREADING

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 02:06:00 pm »
It's not a bad idea, but I don't think it would work well in this game.. You're really not alive that long for it to matter, because the spawn points don't change. If people run out of ammo, I can see them just leaving the game and coming back in..instead of finding more ammo.
When there are enough people lower than your skills, or when you spray, or waste ammo, then is when you would have lack of ammo. Limited ammo shouldn't be a very common thing, but something that isn't rare either.
If your playing survival mode, you don't spawn until all others are dead, 1 person remains, or when 1 team remains. This would fix the rejoining problem. (I'm a realistic survival fan)

If it was 'fake' and when u reload, you don't actually lose your whole clip, but just the part you used up is replaced, as of some games use, then you can still use the reload often, which I do myself.

And then people would camp around ammo box spawns, or ammo boxes on maps. Maps would all have to be edited to include new ammo spawns.
If it were survival, simply keep the ammo boxes from respawning until next player spawn. If it wern't survival, simply instead of letting the boxes respawn right when somebody else gets one, make it take some time before it respawns.
Yeah, maps would need to be edited with ammo spawn points, but this isn't such a big deal.

And to all of you, you can simply uncheck the box for limited ammo if you dislike the idea. So if you dislike it but are a friendly user, just say yes even if you don't like the idea.
I like this idea too much to have you dislikers to ruin it for those who love it.

Offline viggoloniggolo

• Camper
  • maplord
    • Soldat Mappers League
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2006, 03:09:33 pm »
this is a very nice idea, but I think barrett shouldn't have reload clips because you start with 10 ammo alread + 1 clip = 20 and 20 ammo means 20 kills, but if ruger has 2 clips its 4am+4am+4am= 12 am = 6 kills... not fair eh?

barrett shouldn't have clips

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 04:54:19 pm »
yeah more server options is good.  this would also prevent spraying!  I agree.
However there are going to be many problems, such as people /killing themselves to respawn with full ammo...
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline viggoloniggolo

• Camper
  • maplord
    • Soldat Mappers League
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2006, 05:05:08 pm »
how about if you kill sb you dont get his weapon, but you get a clip of whatever weapon you have...