Author Topic: The other auto  (Read 16704 times)

Offline Juggernaut

• Major(1)
Re: The other auto
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2006, 10:10:48 pm »
Unless you are %100 accurate with auto, than the bullets you miss with turn into spray. So everytime you fire auto there is spray.

are you 100 accuate with barrett?

personnal, like most of the player here, i have learned to some extent how to use every single weapon (even minigun from time to time). i can't say i "mastered" barrett, because i do miss from time to time (oh don't bullshit me, you know you all miss sometimes).

but i donno if it's just me, but i find it much easier to use barrett than autos, and i have been using it a lot recently. even though i had a longer time with autos in the past, because i had to constantly worry about tapping the mouse, or fire in short speed, and also use nads, backflips and rolls. but with barrett, i never use nads, it seems unnessecery. after all, learn the arc, get used to the differnt angles when you fire the barrett, then just hold and fire.

the start up time is also very easy to get used to, i can now basicly hold on to fire as soon as i see enemy, then aim.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 10:20:44 pm by Juggernaut »

Offline Lunerfox

• Major
  • Lol in the Box.
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2006, 10:43:54 pm »
I would agree that Barret and M79 takes more skill if they get ONE shot. Most of the time, M79ers and Barreters can get 2, or maybe 3 shots in before he gets gunned down.
-[ILOA]-
---
Project Survival: An independent game development project.
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=23390.0

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2006, 10:58:08 pm »
an m79 can get maybe 3 shots in a big firefight, but a barrett prolly wont last 3 shots(depending on the situation)
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2006, 07:59:51 am »
Grrr. Just now I was called a sprayer by a barret user   ::).

As I said before: There are too many people that define spraying as simply firing an auto fast or at long range, even if its done accurately with skill. Sometimes people act as if auto users are supposed to fire autos at the same rate as Rugers if they are not to be lame  ::)

The term "with autos you just have to spray" is used far too loosely and by those who normally don’t even use autos.  When people say "spraying" they make it sound as if all an auto user has to do is hold down the fire button and let the large amount of bullets take its course. The autos bullets are weaker, slower and have shorter range, plus you have to keep a good aim for a much longer period than 1-hit-kill weapons.

With the Barret, there is no ark, there is little difference between the time of firing and hitting the target. It may be more risky with one bullet, but that one deadly bullet has almost no calculation time apart from the delay which you can just prepare just before you start to aim.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 10:18:25 am by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2006, 09:20:22 am »
First of all, there is an arc with barret, it is just very subtle. There is alot of calculation taken into account with barret, I can hit people off screen with it pretty well(not sprayed). Staying alive with barret is called tactics, which require skill. Barret is actually very easily supressed by those who know what they are doing, therefore it requires more skill to avoid that supression... Auto's dont really have to worry that much about if they get hit a little, they dont have bink.

And on a good day Juggernaut, I can come close to %80+ accuracy(1v1, too much spray in higher #'s of people)
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2006, 09:55:35 am »
I'm not saying that the barret recuiress no skill, I meant that bullet for bullet, the barret is alot easyer as long as you are not binked. And I do know that staying alive with the barret recuires skill as I used to use it.

And this spray you talk about- would you agree that autos will be much more balanced and fair if it had the rate of fire of the ruger? Although missing a shot does not matter as much as missing a shot with the barret, you still have to aim very well if you want to actualy kill anything.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 02:26:32 pm by SDFilm »

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2006, 10:00:44 am »
Not with mp5.
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2006, 10:04:14 am »
It is a very good weapon.

I remeber that long time when no one(including me) used it.

and with all weapons it has it's pros and cons.

PROS:
-can kill fast
-large clip
-great acuracy
CONS:
-slow reload
-turns off noobs with it's slow auto fireing
-not too good when up againsts alot of people at once
There are other worlds than these

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2006, 10:18:51 am »
Not with mp5.

True, the minigun (not minimi) and the mp5 are the only weapons in soldat that can be fairly given the "spray" label.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 10:25:07 am by SDFilm »

Offline Jester

• Major(1)
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2006, 11:27:30 am »
I used to like the minimi the most but soon i found out i needed a real quick shooting wepon with a quick relode.  when i want that i go to my styre aug.  if i need mor accuraccy ill go to the ak.  the fn just dosent cut it for me anymore.
Ill Kill You Until You Die From It ;-P

"I once pwn3d n00bs for three days straight. And in those days we didn't get no easy pwns, we had to work for everyone. Now you rascals think that just anybody can pwn. Well it just ain't so son, it just ain't so."

Seancapsyourass

« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2006, 12:26:08 pm »
Most people know enough about soldat etiquette to know that people don't like other people using it...

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2006, 12:50:46 pm »
you cant say that all autos are just spray...yes the mp5 has a lot of sprayers using it, but the range is quite poor, so distant enemies are hard to kill since there is such a big arch to deal with. And i beleive it takes 8 MP5 bullets to kill an enemy, and at a distance, that is not that easy especially when the enemy has a long range weapon

EDIT: because of the MP5's poor range, i actually dont use it that often, i use Deagles 90% of the time
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Juggernaut

• Major(1)
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2006, 12:57:08 pm »
mp5 takes a lot of skills too, you pretty much can't hit anything at long range with it because if only 1 out of 5 bullets hits the enemy (that's very lucky if you spray), you can't kill a single enemy unless you spend two clip to it. mp5 also has to master bursts. i know this because i tried it and frankly i suck with it at long range.

see? zamorak? i actually try weapons and knows a few things about them before i actually post here.

First of all, there is an arc with barret, it is just very subtle. There is alot of calculation taken into account with barret, I can hit people off screen with it pretty well(not sprayed). 
right..the only thing you have to learn with barret is the arc. and if you didn't already know that...the arc with autos and any other guns out there are much bigger and much less predictable.

Staying alive with barret is called tactics, which require skill.
the need for learning "how to survive longer with a barrett" only occurs if you suck at predicting the arc and miss. frankly if you do use barrett well you shouldn't miss, unless in special situations as i stated earlier, afterall it's just a little getting used to the arc, then it's just point and click.

Barret is actually very easily supressed by those who know what they are doing, therefore it requires more skill to avoid that supression... Auto's dont really have to worry that much about if they get hit a little, they dont have bink.
again...all my barrett shots kill enemies at a fairly long distance. the reason you somehow always charge at enemy to shoot them is beyond me.
actually, autos do, because they'd be dead if they get hit by you, autos who knows what they're doing can do all kinds of stuff that throw you off your aim, such as first fly up, then suddenly jet down (the reason i miss sometimes with barrett).

And on a good day Juggernaut, I can come close to %80+ accuracy(1v1, too much spray in higher #'s of people)

i suggest you try all the weapons before you speak. barrett is easier to use than autos in my opinion, either that or i suck at autos, because i can pretty much never miss unless in few occasions, if you miss every 1 out of 5 shots...then you suck with barrett too then, maybe that confused you into thinking it's a harder weapon to use?

EDIT: hmm..maybe the reason i think autos are harder to use is also because i suck with autos. although i do feel barrett is much easier to use. and unlike zamorak, i used both weapon. maybe if zamorak tried autos too and say he gets more kills with it in clan wars maybe we'll believe he's telling the truth?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 12:59:51 pm by Juggernaut »

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2006, 01:02:16 pm »
Thank you juggernaut for being the first non-auto user who actually appreciates and understands the guns before they flame and post crap about any gun they dont use

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2006, 02:15:34 pm »
Most people know enough about soldat etiquette to know that people don't like other people using it...

I wont touch the minigun with a ten-foot pole, but the Minimi!? You can't be serious. I think you're living in 1.2.1

I see myself as a fair and 'gentlemanly' player. I don’t hack, I don’t camp, I don’t excessively spawnkill unless they spawn near me (what are ya gonna do when someone spawns hear you?). I just generally don’t play in a 'lame' way.  But if someone thinks that I shouldn't use the minimi on morale grounds, then that’s their fault for being an ignorant whining twat.

And yes, thanks Juggernaut for understinding weapons before positing about them. And I admit that I rarely use the mp5  ::)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 02:39:32 pm by SDFilm »

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2006, 03:37:13 pm »
Unless you are %100 accurate with auto, than the bullets you miss with turn into spray. So everytime you fire auto there is spray.
So everytime you miss with an M79 grenade, thats spray too? how bout when you miss with barret? SPRAY? or even LAW, spray? Soccom, SPRAY? ..... CHAINSAW, SSPPRRAAYY???? lol i had to get htat out. if you miss once or twice without meaning to, your not spraying. me, myself i dont usually burstfire. i click EVERY bullet out. that way it stays PERFECT fire. i can click fast. :P

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2006, 08:45:27 pm »
Autos dont spray unless your aiming like crazy everywhere.Without spraying with an auto you just aim and shoot them accurately dont splash it everywhere.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2006, 08:50:32 pm »
I decided not to quote him but juggernaut, although I agre it's not an easy thing to aim with HK from afar, there are techniques to improve them, I am very good with the HK.